• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International Cricket Captain General Thread of Miscellany

bryce

International Regular
Just completed a seemingly impossible run chase in a crazy Test match.
2013 Australia v India. India inexplicably pick a four-pronged pace attack for this match, they set me 368 to win in the final day. I injured their 'keeper Patel in their 2nd innings so I know there should be alot of free runs through byes. Obviously Hughes is who i'm centering my chase around, but he is forced to retire hurt, much to my disgust. After a collapse i'm left at what is effectively 7/214. Cameron White & Mitchell Johnson both have strong pace bowling preferences which obviously suits this Indian attack and they amazingly manage to hit 160 runs in the final session on an extremely sporting pitch to win me the game. Though the strangest thing was that India chose to bowl their part-time medium pacers with half an hour to go in the final session(for about 6 overs) and it was these overs of intensified batting aggression that ultimately allowed me to win the Test. Would go as far as saying that the AI threw the Test tbh :laugh:

Attachments

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Very nice run chase. You'd think after all these years the ICC developers would've ensured that the AI reduced the amount of dumb decisions like selections and part-time bowlers at crucial times (new ball, important times in tests, etc) it tends to make.

bryce

International Regular
Yeah man. And also what is even weirder is that Hughes sustained a fracture in that match so is out for the rest of the series - but on his form chart it shows that he played a OD and T20 match after the above Test match(scoring 148 & 96 I might add), yet is still out for four more weeks:wacko:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never seen that many in an innings before!

Nice consistency by Oram in this ODI series...

Attachments

Jakester1288

International Regular
After ICC was screwed up real bad, I've now re downloaded it, and have a Hampshire save with a couple of people.

It's good fun, 2 of us had this amazing Kent save that went till 2019, then we farted around for a few years in some new saves.

Hoping to make this another long laster.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Got the Kent save back and running, so ditched Hampshire.

Just started a NZ save, have wanted to play as them for a while now.

Interested in playing with them because they are a challenge, have some good young players, as well as names that aren't frustrating, and I know most of their players.

Lost 3-0 to Sri Lanka in the Tests and 5-0 in the ODI's, but still really enjoying the save. Bring on the Pakistani's!

Jakester1288

International Regular
So I've developing the ideas of how I want my teams to look.

Test
Ingram
Cummings
Sinclair
Taylor
Ryder
Hay/other
Watling/other (forget name)
Vettori
Franklin
Bond
O'Brien

I've also got Southee and Boult in training/waiting, as well as Williamson.

One Day Internationals
McCullum
Ingram
Guptill
Taylor
Ryder
Sinclair
Oram
Vettori
Southee
Bond
O'Brien

Roughly my sides, as I don't have the game open ATM. Lost 3-0 in the Tests v Pakistan, and in the first ODI, they somehow mowed down my target of over 300 int he first ODI. Seeing as it's almost 7am and I've been up all night, I'll play more tomorrow night sometime, and update you later on.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm playing England and am in 2014 and my team is pretty amazing. I've a batman "Fred Cadbury" who averages more than 60 in tests and I have 3 good spinners Swann and two regen Leg Spinners who average around 25, last year one of them was averaging around 20.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Getting out the old Bangladesh save for the weekend.

Has anyone else tried to get them too the top? I'm in Feb 2012, just went down by 3 runs trying to chase 182, shame my batting couldn't make it after a superb bowling effort.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Drew an ODI series with the WI 1-1 the other week. Tied a game chasing 320, was gutted.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Good stuff.

Kapali has been recommended to me, found out he's a bit of a dud for me. Ashraful is coming good, made 94 coming in at 5/20 to get us to 202, which we lost with 5 overs to spare.

3-0 lost, but all 3 games could have been won if we stood up at the right time.

EDIT: On Kapali, I meant he's dire in Test. In ODI he is pretty dominance with the ball.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
Needing an opener ATM. Heading into the ODI's v South Africa with Iqbal then running Rahim or possibly an allrouder as the second opener.

Nafees is good but far too slow, Siddique isn't good in OD.

Jakester1288

International Regular
10 run win over SA. Pretty stoked with a good batting effort to post >200, then Shahzaza stood up in his debut to take 4/45, and deliver the final over which they needed 13 in, he only let them get 2.

Top stuff, hopefully a team on the up.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Ah ****, fell 4 runs short in the chase in the 3rd and final ODI. 2-1 loss, almost got over the line there.

Bangladesh is becoming really competitive, hoping this team can continue to grow and we can come to dominate world cricket in the near future.