• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Team Discussion Thread

Shady Slim

International Coach
Quietly optimistic about this. I think we'll smash them.
daemon with all due respect unless hazlewood, cummins, starc, neser, sabba, pattinson, and green have a covid party and miss the match this batting lineup;
Test
Rohit/Shaw once rohit fails in the first two tests
Agarwal
Pujara
Kohli (C)/ Gill once kohli leaves
Rahane / (C) once kohli leaves
Viharu
Pant +
Jadeja
Ishant/Saini pending Ishant's fitness
Shami
Bumrah.
will struggle to surpass 300 even on the highway that is the MCG

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
daemon with all due respect unless hazlewood, cummins, starc, neser, sabba, pattinson, and green have a covid party and miss the match this batting lineup;

This is an exaggeration. Last time Australia were severely disappointing. They didn't get as much movement, weren't as belligerent and weren't as organised as the Indian attack. Yeah, one side had to bowl to Langer's little brother but letting the #7 feast is always an indictment on the bowling attack. Only Cummins came out of that series with his reputation not soaked in piss. India's batting kicking on sans Kohli looks unlikely though and I'd love to see 2 great attacks pwning h4x like Warner and Rohit.

Shady Slim

International Coach
This is an exaggeration. Last time Australia were severely disappointing. They didn't get as much movement, weren't as belligerent and weren't as organised as the Indian attack. Yeah, one side had to bowl to Langer's little brother but letting the #7 feast is always an indictment on the bowling attack. Only Cummins came out of that series with his reputation not soaked in piss. India's batting kicking on sans Kohli looks unlikely though and I'd love to see 2 great attacks pwning h4x like Warner and Rohit.
i feel that only backs my point though because while you're entirely right that's totally not going to happen again

see pujara could make 299 every innings and i still wouldn't back that india batting lineup in to score 300

Daemon

That was obviously tongue in cheek, I think we'll do ok but still lose. Don't think we'll embarrass ourselves like the rest of the world (bar SA) tend to when they visit.

Flem274*

123/5
yea soz based on what i saw last summer with aus v nz then india v nz you're gonna get dicked

that doesn't make you a bad team, you've just got easily exploitable weaknesses in the southern hemisphere and australia are h4x at home.

Daemon

yea soz based on what i saw last summer with aus v nz then india v nz you're gonna get dicked

that doesn't make you a bad team, you've just got easily exploitable weaknesses in the southern hemisphere and australia are h4x at home.
Nah definitely don't think we'll do as badly as NZ/Pak/WI/SL/Eng typically do. I read somewhere the other day that Pakistan hasn't even drawn a single test match in Australia since like 1999.

Flem274*

123/5
im not so sure. pujara/kohli gonna be in at 2/10 a lot. rohit and agarwal are not guys you want opening in aus.

when kohli leaves...oof

i hope rahane scores some runs. he's fun.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Series outcome most likely would have been decided before they're fit to play. Might as well not take them and give some other guys a full series.

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain

averages in australia

kohli - 55
pujara - 55
pant - 58
rahane - 44
agarwal - 65
jadeja - 30

bowling averages of australian bowlers vs india in australia

lyon - 33.94
hazlewood - 30
starc - 32.12
cummins - 27.78

there is nothing that indicates that these set of batsmen will struggle against these same set of bowlers when it hasn't happened in the last 4-8 matches.

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
im not so sure. pujara/kohli gonna be in at 2/10 a lot. rohit and agarwal are not guys you want opening in aus.

when kohli leaves...oof

i hope rahane scores some runs. he's fun.
you are confusing australia with england/nz. india always scores runs in australia. it's in swinging conditions that india's batting struggles.