• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Team Discussion Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Or for being too good. Which is sometimes the same thing to people watching.

Burgey

I mean, you aren't going to put an ad together of Pujara playing 487 forward defences (though I'd watch that tbf).

OverratedSanity

Sucks. We really don't have another accurate workhorse. The other pacers are all good but also relatively leaky even when at their best.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I honestly think Siraj can do the job Ishant did but lets see what happens with Saini. Maybe one of those will come through for us. Bhuvi is the only other guy who can do the workhorse job.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Saini is fairly up and down. Quicker and taller than Siraj but nothing Australians aren't used to playing in their sleep. Siraj offers more sideways movement and also appears hungrier all things considered.

Daemon

Saini is fairly up and down. Quicker and taller than Siraj but nothing Australians aren't used to playing in their sleep. Siraj offers more sideways movement
In Australia though would you rather someone who can get a bit of bounce or someone who may be able to exploit the very very minimal lateral movement on offer?

Pink Test I'd go Siraj, not sure about the rest.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah... we are without our workhorses in both formats with Bhuvi and Ishant injured but it was always bound to happen with the long break and then going straight into the high intensity everyday workload of the IPL.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
In Australia though would you rather someone who can get a bit of bounce or someone who may be able to exploit the very very minimal lateral movement on offer?

Pink Test I'd go Siraj, not sure about the rest.
hmm I honestly don't know man. Saini looks like someone easy to get on top of mentally at least in these parts. He's stubborn like a jackass about his lengths to boot. I can see him getting pulled into oblivion in the Tests if he keeps at it.

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
Losing Ishant creates uncertainties for India’s attack. I could see them playing a 4 man attack with Ishant but may favour 5 bowlers now that he’s out.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Assuming all other things equal you'd definitely take the bounce, but I don't think they are.