• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Team Discussion Thread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Squad is pretty much along expected lines. We have all been talking about the test XIs but what about the LO games, especially the ODIs as that seems to be the format which is ripe for experimentation.

T20I squad: Virat Kohli (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Mayank Agarwal, KL Rahul (vice-captain), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Sanju Samson, Ravindra Jadeja, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammad Shami, Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, T Natarajan.

ODI squad: Virat Kohli (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Shubman Gill, KL Rahul (vice-captain), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Hardik Pandya, Mayank Agarwal, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammad Shami, Navdeep Saini, Shardul Thakur.

Test squad: Virat Kohli (captain), Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (vice-captain), Hanuma Vihari, Shubman Gill, Wriddhiman Saha, Rishabh Pant, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammad Shami, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, R. Ashwin, Mohammad Siraj, Rohit Sharma.

Net bowlers: Natarajan, Kartik Tyagi, Ishan Porel.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Would you feel better if I named it the Selection thread, seeing as it is clearly intended to discuss the selections and the final XIs for each game and so on?

And I dunno know why you think fans of the other team will not participate in such threads. If you see the Ashes subforums, there are always enough threads for fans of both teams to interact. And nothing stops you from giving your two cents here on the probable XIs India should play for the games during this tour.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Anyways, seeing that we begin with ODIs, my XI for the first game would be:

Shikhar Dhawan
Mayank Agarwal
Virat Kohli (c)
Shreyas Iyer
KL Rahul (wk) (vc)
Hardik Pandya
Ravindra Jadeja
Navdeep Saini/Shardul Thakur
Kuldeep Yadav
Mohammed Shami
Jasprit Bumrah

the big bambino

International Captain
Does anyone know the whereabouts of Ishant? I hear he'll be available for the tests - some say even Adelaide but I can't see that happening if he isn't in Australia already. Anyone know if he'll come to Australia assuming he isn't already here?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He is supposed to have started bowling this week. He is currently at the NCA in Bangalore. If he is doing ok I believe he will be flown out in time to be able to play the first warm up game.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the one hand Ishant being half fit is a massive blow but if it means we get to see Siraj/Saini at some point in the series, it could be fun to watch. Hopefully they dont go full Vinay Kumar from 2012.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah but you just know Virat is gonna go with nostrils at Adelaide. Hopefully saner heads prevail once he leaves.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shardul and Deepak in Indian colours lmfao.

Gill in the Test squad is gun though.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Assuming rohit won't play the odi's or t20's

ODI:
Dhawan
Shaw
Kohli (C)
Iyer
Rahul (+)
H. Pandya
Jadeja