• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
More information:

There was a memorandum of understanding (MoU) which was 1/1.5 pages long that Mills thought was insufficient. Later there seems to be something called the 'Long Form Player Agreement', which is the full contract and has been endorsed by FICA.

-Source

Though I haven't found the text of the Long Form Player Agreement online. If you've found it, I'd be interested in the link.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
"6. (a) In addition to paragraph 5 above on each and any occasion when the Player is Unavailable during a Contracted Season the Franchisee shall be entitled to reduce the Player Fee by the ratio between the total number of Matches for which the Player is Unavailable in each Contracted Season and the total number of Matches in that Contracted Season. By way of example, if the Player was Unavailable for 5 Matches out of a total of 20 then the Player Fee would be reduced by 25%."

Full Contract
http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/playing-contract/2007/12/21/1198175347560.html

Now Im guessing that not many have signed this yet. Especially as the auctions were for the rights to a player rather than guaranteeing participation

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
"7.2 If the Player suffers Permanent Disablement for a consecutive or aggregate period of 30 days or more during any Contracted Season then without prejudice to any other rights or remedies under this Agreement the Franchisee shall be entitled to suspend its obligations under this Agreement with immediate effect by giving written notice to the Player."

If they are injured then they dont pay them

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
7.2 If the Player suffers Permanent Disablement for a consecutive or aggregate period of 30 days or more during any Contracted Season then without prejudice to any other rights or remedies under this Agreement the Franchisee shall be entitled to suspend its obligations under this Agreement with immediate effect by giving written notice to the Player.
Very interesting. If they are injured for more than 30 days consecutively, they don't pay them.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Interesting thing though, they separate Permanant Disablement (more than 30 days, or most of the IPL season) with Injury:
3.3 It is acknowledged that any failure by the Player to comply with the obligations in this Agreement shall not be a breach of this Agreement if (but not otherwise) the sole reason for such failure was a Player Injury or the Player's proper compliance with any International Duty or with the terms of any Existing Agreement.
"Unavailable" shall, in relation to the Player, mean that he is unable for any reason other than Player Injury to play in a Match including without limitation as a result of any International Duty, and "Unavailability" shall be construed accordingly.
6. (a) In addition to paragraph 5 above on each and any occasion when the Player is Unavailable during a Contracted Season the Franchisee shall be entitled to reduce the Player Fee by the ratio between the total number of Matches for which the Player is Unavailable in each Contracted Season and the total number of Matches in that Contracted Season. By way of example, if the Player was Unavailable for 5 Matches out of a total of 20 then the Player Fee would be reduced by 25%.
So they get paid if they are injured, but not if the injury lasts for most of the IPL season (e.g 30 days).

ret

International Debutant
what i want to know abt the contracts is

1. If a player does not play any matches, i.e. does not show up for IPL then does he get paid?
2. what r the minimum # of matches, he has to be available for to get any kind of salary
3. Is the salary, proportional to # of matches available for?

so lets say if Symmo doesn't show up for IPL then he doesn't get paid, right? ... and if he is available for say 5 out of 14 games that Hydab plays then his salary would be 1 million divided by 14 and then multilied by 5, right? 1m / 14 * 5 = ?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
what i want to know abt the contracts is

1. If a player does not play any matches, i.e. does not show up for IPL then does he get paid?
2. what r the minimum # of matches, he has to be available for to get any kind of salary
3. Is the salary, proportional to # of matches available for?

so lets say if Symmo doesn't show up for IPL then he doesn't get paid, right? ... and if he is available for say 5 out of 14 games that Hydab plays then his salary would be 1 million divided by 14 and then multilied by 5, right? 1m / 14 * 5 = ?
It goes on the proportion of games you are available for.

If you have signed a contract and are fit and available then you should get paid.

There is no min number of games. If you qualify for 1 game you get that proportion same as if you are there for half and all the games. Its all proportional.

Basically, the contracts are on a game by game basis.

ret

International Debutant
i guess, the teams play each each other twice on home n away basis, so basically 14 games, then the semi & te final [if the team makes it that far]

if Dhoni is available for all the games then he gets more than 100k per game .... if Chennai gets in to the final then his price per game drops a little [1.5m divided by 16]

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
These contracts also appear to cover the Champions League.

So there are potentially more clashes in the cricketing calender and the contracts spread a little thinner for those that qualify.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Do you (all cricketweb members) believe that the IPL will aid the BCCI in bringing more overseas talent to the Ranji competitions?

All these schedule clashes could be solved by a shortening of both the international and the IPL schedule - perhaps there is a lesson there.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Are Hyderabad going to be known as the Hyderabad Deccan Chargers, or just Deccan Chargers? Pretty **** if they actually dropped the 'Hyderabad', particularly since my parent's heritage there is a big part as to why I would be supporting them.

Also, tell me Mumbai aren't going to be known as the 'Mumbai Indians'

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh brother...why is Praveen stuck in Bangalore's fifty-for-no-loss-after-twenty-overs team? He may end up sitting out and watching Steyn, Zaheer and Vinay Kumar in every match. Delhi has blown it here.
Praveen Kumar?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
iplinfo.net/2008/03/18/balaji-included-in-ipl-chennai-team/

Balaji to make a comeback in the IPL......good to see that the back injury didn't end his career permanently.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
No, Ranji trophy is very different from IPL and T20.
I understand, but it is a remote possibility of the boards attempting to tap up some of the lower end of the talent on display in the IPL. From what I have read, the boards do have a small share/say in the goings on of the IPL team which encompasses their area of India.

masterblaster

International Captain
I'm probably going to switch my allegiances from Delhi and start supporting Bangalore. Bangalore's team is just so different to everybody elses, it would be fantastic to see such a technically correct and experienced side win the tournament over the other more glamourous franchises.