• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Discussion

This Indian team winning 2011 World Cup

• Total voters

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Your criticism of Yusuf here is that he's not someone who performs when he comes in with easy runs on the offering.

If he performed in the inverse, i.e. only scored in these situations, he'd be criticised.
No, my criticism is that he's nothing more than a hack and shouldn't be getting sent up to bat instead of proper batsmen like Kohli, Dhoni and Yuvraj.

As a number 7 who can murder you for the last 10 overs he's fine.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's silly. How is scoring runs in the last 10 overs with the match in the balance more easier than coming in with the opposition absolutely battered and the match basically already won?

All you've established is that when he's sent up the order and told "slog" he gets out. Well no ****, it's a stupid tactic. The expectation the captain and coach has for him is to hit big shots every ball. It's not how he should play.

But when he has time to build an innings he is very good. Hacks don't play knocks like these. You, Prince and Thierry Henry were proven wrong calling him a hack as he's turned matches with innings like the above. He's only had 36 innings in total in ODIs, and most of them have been coming in late. Calling him a hack was not only premature, it's been proven to be incorrect on the evidence so far.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tsotsobe, Morkel and Steyn averaged well below 20 in that series where he hit a match-winning fifty and a brilliant hundred. Still, he's a hack, who are we to question it? 8-)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So you're telling me my opinion is wrong?
Lol, righto I think this discussion is going nowhere then.

With regards to India, I think Dhoni needs to use Munaf better. I personally think if he's bowling tight early on, keep him going. Yes that'll expose us at the death if we only have two seam bowlers, but it's not like Munaf's length bowling works at the death anyway. Better to get 4-4.5 rpo for 7 overs off Munaf IMO.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man

With regards to India, I think Dhoni needs to use Munaf better. I personally think if he's bowling tight early on, keep him going. Yes that'll expose us at the death if we only have two seam bowlers, but it's not like Munaf's length bowling works at the death anyway. Better to get 4-4.5 rpo for 7 overs off Munaf IMO.
I agree.

If the game is going to be really really close in the end then you need the best bowler to keep things extremely tight in the death overs. I personally would prefer Zaheer to bowl the 47th and 49th over.

People like Nehra and Munaf aren't good at all in death overs. The fact Dhoni believes that Nehra is his best death bowler is just plain stupid. I hope Dhoni will not give him any more chances in death overs in the upcoming games. If he does, Dhoni will lose all my respect for him as a captain.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

Yes, I agree. Munaf should be bowled out earlier. And Harbhajan should be used in the last 5 or so overs with Zaheer. Regardless of all the criticism of Harbhajan's wicket drought, I think he is a street smart LO bowler and one indispensable member of Indian XI.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yes, I agree. Munaf should be bowled out earlier. And Harbhajan should be used in the last 5 or so overs with Zaheer. Regardless of all the criticism of Harbhajan's wicket drought, I think he is a street smart LO bowler and one indispensable member of Indian XI.
Bhajji the indispensable :ph34r:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I am worried now. I wasn't so much after the England and SA matches, but now I am seriously worried. The 'great' Indian batting lineup would be seriously short of confidence after their performance against WI.

It's funny how India keep winning lot of matches against all good teams on Indian pitches (AUS, SA, SL, you name them) in several insignificant series. But come a world tournament, they just can't seem to perform at even 75% of their potential. See what happened in last 2 T20 world cups, and one ICC championship in between. We have been well below par!

smash84

The Tiger King
I am worried now. I wasn't so much after the England and SA matches, but now I am seriously worried. The 'great' Indian batting lineup would be seriously short of confidence after their performance against WI.
Actually it is only the last 10 overs that I would be worried about. They have squandered opportunities against England, SA, and now today against WI.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia has more to be worried about than India atm.

All we need to do is not succumb to their quicks and post a healthy total. Can't hope for too much from the bowling other than Zak, Bhaj and Ashwin doing well, and hopefully the Australian batsmen play some stupid shots and gift Yuvraj and co a couple of wickets. Also, Yusuf is due a quick 50 in the next game for sure :)

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Do not forget Munaf Patel, either. He has bowled steadily so far, he is also due some luck for his toiling.

Spark

Global Moderator
This stuff about players being due amuses me. By that logic Ponting will score 250 in this game.