• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

girish117

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
People like him can never be satisfied, so don't bother really. They'll probably complain that someone isn't going at 200 SR in the powerplay when they're already at 150 SR.
i never derided anyone striking at a decent pace. never picked a number. the more sr the better. does not mean a guy with a 200 sr needs to be picked over somebody with 150 if the first person can only play 3 balls and get out. if you arent pigeon brained- you would have said guys like me are not satisfied with the bowling and that is true. a billion plus people and not 3 good bowlers is a catastrophe- other indian supporters might be deluded every time india wins something but had they looked back at indian cricket from a 3rd person perspective there is nothing to write home about. heck pakistan has more wins than us. that should tell something.

Xix2565

International Debutant
i never derided anyone striking at a decent pace. never picked a number. the more sr the better. does not mean a guy with a 200 sr needs to be picked over somebody with 150 if the first person can only play 3 balls and get out. if you arent pigeon brained- you would have said guys like me are not satisfied with the bowling and that is true. a billion plus people and not 3 good bowlers is a catastrophe- other indian supporters might be deluded every time india wins something but had they looked back at indian cricket from a 3rd person perspective there is nothing to write home about. heck pakistan has more wins than us. that should tell something.
It tells me you are deluded but go off king of moronic takes.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't cry, man.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I don’t think we are reaching semi final with batting order of Rohit, Kohli, Dhawan and Rahul . Let’s be realistic . In 2011 WC , Both Tendulkar and Gambhir scored above 450 runs . Does this team has two batsmen capable of scoring 450+ runs ?

Socerer 01

International Captain
I don’t think we are reaching semi final with batting order of Rohit, Kohli, Dhawan and Rahul . Let’s be realistic . In 2011 WC , Both Tendulkar and Gambhir scored above 450 runs . Does this team has two batsmen capable of scoring 450+ runs ?
Rohit scored over 600 runs in 2019.. Kohli was around 450 too

Dhawan was probably close to that mark in 2015

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I am not sure if some of these reactions are coming coz of yesterday's game but we have a fine ODI team atm. That pitch was crazy, our bowlers should've closed it but Sen gave away 2 sixes and Chahar has no tools to bowl with the older ball.

Rohit is a bit out of form but Kohli did well in the T20 WC and is looking good atm. Gill might be a better choice than Dhawan IMO but we should be more concerned about some about fitness of Bumrah, Washi and Jaddu. Washi and Jaddu can add a lot of balance to the team along with Hardik while Bumrah is our best death bowler. Batting looks fine, Rohit has done great things in white ball cricket and should be given some space.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The side yesterday with Hardik, Jaddu and Bumrah in for Sen, Siraj and Shahbaz would be a pretty good one for a home WC.

Rohit
Shikhar
Virat
Shreyas
Rahul (wk)
Hardik
Jaddu
Washy
Shardul
Chahar
Bumrah

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
The side yesterday with Hardik, Jaddu and Bumrah in for Sen, Siraj and Shahbaz would be a pretty good one for a home WC.

Rohit
Shikhar
Virat
Shreyas
Rahul (wk)
Hardik
Jaddu
Washy
Shardul
Chahar
Bumrah
Yes, this side looks pretty strong.

But I think we can only play one out of Chahar and Shardul. We need one more death bowler along with Bumrah. Plus Shreyas isn't an automatic pick looking at his issues with the short ball. Hope Arshdeep gets some opportunities in ODIs before the WC. But I'll be very happy if Jaddu, Washi and Hardik are all in the XI.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yes, this side looks pretty strong.

But I think we can only play one out of Chahar and Shardul. We need one more death bowler along with Bumrah. Plus Shreyas isn't an automatic pick looking at his issues with the short ball. Hope Arshdeep gets some opportunities in ODIs before the WC. But I'll be very happy if Jaddu, Washi and Hardik are all in the XI.
I dont think Arshdeep is a better bowler than Shardul for ODIs at all. But yeah, wont mind him get some opportunities. To be fair, we can bench Shardul for Siraj and I would be ok with that.

Socerer 01

International Captain
it's far more important to have a spinner who can take wickets in those middle overs than another pacer. Jadeja is a blunt knife in odis and Sundar doesn't seem to be that good at taking wickets either

but if there is no one then Siraj would be best bet