• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
And this is the main peeve point for me anyway, I don't have anything bad to say about Dravid and never will. But Rohit was brought in as the captain because he supposedly had a magic winning touch that Kohli lacked on the basis of what we saw in IPL. Having actually gone through his captaincy it's pretty clear the magic touch was mostly about having the absolute best side in the tournament by miles.

Just on the basis of their standings in the team as a batsman and their contribution over time - it's ****ing stupid to have Rohit as captain over Virat, the actual sensible option would have been to phase out both of them and give it to a youngster.
Under Kohli and Shastri, there were too many changes every now and then. And Rohit(and even Rahane) has looked tactically sharp when it comes to captaincy. And Dravid has created a more secure environment, the players have themselves come out and said that they don't worry about their place and focus more on the game. There are definitely a few upsides with his team management.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
How did Jadeja become our best all rounder in t20s with exactly 0 scores of 50+ in 64 t20Is?

Edit: Although he did score a couple of good 40s this year.
Hardik was injured for a long time and Jaddu was doing really well as an AR. I think Axar has more potential as a bowling all-rounder, but you'd definitely want Jadeja over Axar at the moment due to gap in experience and Jadeja's batting.

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
Feel pretty confident in stating the twins were playing for the red ink there. A side gives away 440 in 41 overs and then only gives away run a ball for the last 9? At the Chinnaswamy where 60 metre hits can be 6s? And Sharhrukh Khan was left in the shed?

Amazingly selfish batting AFAIC. It looks like they just wanted red inks to boost their aggregates at the end of VHT with an eye on the IPL auction. And we keep wondering why TN cant win trophies in domestix. We suck at playing for the team these days. :(
Tamil Nadu won the t20 tourney last year

Socerer 01

they have also won it the year before that and were runners-up before that

they were also runners-up in the list a tourney twice in that same time period

not really a sign of a team that doesn't win trophies in domestic or sucks at playing as a team

Socerer 01

Good. Hope we stop playing half bowlers who are quarter batsmen soon.
there is too much galaxy-brain being done in this whole affair

just have six bowling options in the team that can all bowl their full quotas to cover for each other on others' bad days. the sake of balance means that at least two of these will have to be all rounders and those will be Pandya and Jadeja. if Axar's batting is not up to mark then bring Shahbaz Ahmed in for him, he can certainly bat. select the three best bowlers with each fulfilling a different role as a bowler in 9-10-11, any batting ability they offer is a plus and get them to improve their batting on the side slowly like Bumrah did

have someone who can bat adequately at 8. make a separate list for this role particularly and rank it by their bowling ability. names I can think of are Ashwin, Sundar, Chahar and even Thakur if it has to come to that and pick the guy who is best with the ball from here. Sundar or Chahar for me depending on conditions are the best. maybe even Axar can slot in here even if I believe he can be an okay option at 7

no rosy tinted glasses will ever take us back to the era of the old timers bowling a few overs each, modern batsmen will eat such bowlers for breakfast in the long run. such batsmen will have to constantly work on their bowling like Markram to remain up to scratch and at that point they would be batting all rounders like Jaiswal. seven bowlers is overkill in most matches and not needed and most teams play two all rounders these days anyways. the seventh or more extra bowling option is a bonus and should never be the feature

make this the template for both odis and t20s

Socerer 01

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Sundar just needs to stay fit, he adds so much value to the team. His batting is just too good for a lower order batsman and having Hardik, Sundar, Axar/Jaddu at 6, 7 and 8(based on the game situation) in the WC would be crazy. Throw in Lord Thakur/D Chahar at 9 and we'll just have the best lower order in ODIs.

Hardik
Jaddu/Axar
Washi
Thakur/D Chahar
Arshdeep
Bumrah

This lineup gives me a lot of hope for the next WC. If the mentioned players are fit, we'll have a very solid white ball team. On the negative side, we just don't have like for like replacements for Bumrah, Washi and Jaddu.

Last edited:

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I am aware of the issues in my country, but this is just BS. We have over a billion people living here, finding the bottom 0.5% losers who tweet nonsense and making news articles out of it is moronic. We have bigger issues to fix, cricket is the only thing that unites people and there hasn't been any favouritism based on caste, religion, etc. in Indian cricket ever. Probably at grass root levels there might be things that might need some fixing, but at upper level, there are no issues.

anil1405

International Captain
Step aside Sir Garry, Shastri, Gibbs, Yuvraj and co. Your record for six sixes in an over has been surpassed by Ruturaj Gaikwad who scored seven sixes in an over today in the Vijay Hazare trophy Quarter finals.

Meanwhile in another game, Riyan Parag is running riot against J&K. Batting in 156 off 100 balls chasing 351.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Sundar just needs to stay fit, he adds so much value to the team. His batting is just too good for a lower order batsman and having Hardik, Sundar, Axar/Jaddu at 6, 7 and 8(based on the game situation) in the WC would be crazy. Throw in Lord Thakur/D Chahar at 9 and we'll just have the best lower order in ODIs.

Hardik
Jaddu/Axar
Washi
Thakur/D Chahar
Arshdeep
Bumrah

This lineup gives me a lot of hope for the next WC. If the mentioned players are fit, we'll have a very solid white ball team. On the negative side, we just don't have like for like replacements for Bumrah, Washi and Jaddu.
Sundar, yes. Thakur, please no.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
@OverratedSanity

You had made a thread about score wise best innings. Did you mention Dighe at 22 ? YouTube randomly recommend me highlights of 4th innings of Chennai Test 2001 and I feel Dighe innings was extremely important to win 3rd test by 2 wickets.
Think his response will be along the lines of:

Nominations/suggestions welcome although none of them will count as its my list so **** off.

Xix2565

International Debutant
@OverratedSanity

You had made a thread about score wise best innings. Did you mention Dighe at 22 ? YouTube randomly recommend me highlights of 4th innings of Chennai Test 2001 and I feel Dighe innings was extremely important to win 3rd test by 2 wickets.

Somehow you managed to miss it and decided to focus on other entries.