• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The thing about those big runs at the top was mostly with other openers. WE just reunited KLPD and Nohit at the worst possible time.

Socerer 01

International Captain
The thing about those big runs at the top was mostly with other openers. WE just reunited KLPD and Nohit at the worst possible time.
Rohit was doing fine until the world cup as an aggressive opener. it was very obvious that him and the team decided to cool their jets in the powerplay collectively due to the pitches in the world cup. it's not something i agree with as we ended up with the worst sr in the powerplay due to it but i can see why they did it. Klol's presence did stink up the team though, can't deny that

in fact the only time we tried to be moderately aggressively in a wc game in the powerplay we got punished for it vs South Africa

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I am aware of the issues in my country, but this is just BS. We have over a billion people living here, finding the bottom 0.5% losers who tweet nonsense and making news articles out of it is moronic. We have bigger issues to fix, cricket is the only thing that unites people and there hasn't been any favouritism based on caste, religion, etc. in Indian cricket ever. Probably at grass root levels there might be things that might need some fixing, but at upper level, there are no issues.
Wow, are you serious or sarcastic? These issues do exist, though it has reduced a lot now compared to earlier times.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Are we seriously discussing that Mandal guy on this forum ? ?
Guy wants reservation in private jobs, judiciary and cricket .
He supports SA quota policy in cricket.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Wow, are you serious or sarcastic? These issues do exist, though it has reduced a lot now compared to earlier times.
I was talking specifically about cricket. These issues don't exist in cricket. At grass root level you can't really say coz definitely there'll be a few bad apples here and there. But overall, cricket brings together people and has set a good example of unity compared to some of the other streams in the country.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I was talking specifically about cricket. These issues don't exist in cricket. At grass root level you can't really say coz definitely there'll be a few bad apples here and there. But overall, cricket brings together people and has set a good example of unity compared to some of the other streams in the country.
I was talking about cricket too. Caste politics did exist in Tamilnadu cricket association and I know a couple of people who can testify that. There has also been a few tamil movies based on that.

And cricketers from Mumbai, Karnataka etc. getting prevalence did exist till the 90s. But like I have said earlier, it has all reduced a lot now and we see more and more people from the outskirts and other states getting into the Indian team.

I don't think Sanju Samson's non-selection is caste based ftr. He has not justified his potential at all in the chances he has got.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I was talking about cricket too. Caste politics did exist in Tamilnadu cricket association and I know a couple of people who can testify that. There has also been a few tamil movies based on that.

And cricketers from Mumbai, Karnataka etc. getting prevalence did exist till the 90s. But like I have said earlier, it has all reduced a lot now and we see more and more people from the outskirts and other states getting into the Indian team.

I don't think Sanju Samson's non-selection is caste based ftr. He has not justified his potential at all in the chances he has got.
I think it existed in TNCA when it existed everywhere. I am almost sure there has been nothing in the period I have been watching. And movies dont really prove anything as we know we live in a state where the media is heavily controlled by the current ruling party and has been thsi way since the 70s, give or take the odd channel/publication.

There is no point discussing politics here anyways because we all agree it is not an issue in recent years and is not the issue right now.

Niall

International Coach
Please tell me India in the next world cup are not going to line up with Dhawan, Kohli, Rohit and KL in the same team??

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Definitely. Bowling attack has become extremely garbage even though batting also isn’t very good either.
In 2011 WC SF we defended 261 against Pak . Is this team capable of defending 270 in knockouts?
That was due to a combination of **** Pak batting, good use of bowling options by Dhoni, and a more bowling friendly era.

Our bowling is not as good as 2019 due to decline of Shami but it's still pretty good.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I yearn for the days when we had Tendulkar-Sehwag on top and Yuvraj-Dhoni in lower middle order. Current players don't match them even on non era-adjusted SRs. That's how bad we are right now.

girish117

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
not interested in your weird kinks emo kiddo

can’t wait for your inevitable whining once Gill pulls the exact same tuktuk **** that is bothering you now. It will be a glorious sight to see
where you at papa? emo much now? come out of your momma's basement. gill except for the last game played good. go find another indian opener who could do that.