• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sunil1z

International Debutant
Ideally what we are lacking is a left hander who can bat 5 IMO. Its where I am hoping we see a successful return for Jaddu soon. And hopefully Washy figures out his big hitting abilities. I dont think Pant has it but I would like to trial him for a few series as an opener before discarding him for good in white ball cricket. Mainly coz he is a left hander and we have so few of them around.

Pant / Ishan (wk)
Gill/Shaw
Virat/Hooda
SKY / Shreyas
Jaddu / ???
Hardik / Venky Iyer
Washy / ???
Shardul / Harshal
D Chahar / ???
Bumrah / Arshdeep
Chahal / Bishnoi

Hopefully we find answers to the question mark spots soon.
SKY needs to bat at 3. This is the mistake we made in WC SF. SKY came after 10 overs which means he could face max 30 balls. We need him to face maximum balls.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ideally what we are lacking is a left hander who can bat 5 IMO. Its where I am hoping we see a successful return for Jaddu soon. And hopefully Washy figures out his big hitting abilities. I dont think Pant has it but I would like to trial him for a few series as an opener before discarding him for good in white ball cricket. Mainly coz he is a left hander and we have so few of them around.

Pant / Ishan (wk)
Gill/Shaw
Virat/Hooda
SKY / Shreyas
Jaddu / ???
Hardik / Venky Iyer
Washy / ???
Shardul / Harshal
D Chahar / ???
Bumrah / Arshdeep
Chahal / Bishnoi

In fact, put Rohit there instead of Gill/Shaw and this could be our ODI side too and one that will probably give us our best chance of winning the home WC.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
He bats at 4 even for MI. Its fine. We just need the openers to have a better attitude and they will, IMO.
It is what Sunilz said. Sky is the best batsman in the Indian team by far and he should face as many as possible. Opening is not suiting him. So his best place is 3. Move all other guys around him without moving him from 3rd position. He deserves that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It is what Sunilz said. Sky is the best batsman in the Indian team by far and he should face as many as possible. Opening is not suiting him. So his best place is 3. Move all other guys around him without moving him from 3rd position. He deserves that.
I am ok with Virat-Pant-SKY-Hooda-Jaddu-Hardik-Washy-Lord-Deepak-Bishnoi-Bumrah.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

Pant / Ishan (wk)
Gill/Shaw
Virat/Hooda
SKY / Shreyas
Jaddu / ???
Hardik / Venky Iyer
Washy / ???
Shardul / Harshal
D Chahar / ???
Bumrah / Arshdeep
Chahal / Bishnoi

Not enough bowlers mate.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

Pant / Ishan (wk)
Gill/Shaw
Virat/Hooda
SKY / Shreyas
Jaddu / ???
Hardik / Venky Iyer
Washy / ???
Shardul / Harshal
D Chahar / ???
Bumrah / Arshdeep
Chahal / Bishnoi

Jaddu's likely replacement is Axar, isn't it? Batting looks a bit weak with sundar at 7..will prefer a hitter there...may be hooda in main team with jaddu at 7..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jaddu's likely replacement is Axar, isn't it? Batting looks a bit weak with sundar at 7..will prefer a hitter there...may be hooda in main team with jaddu at 7..
Yeah.. Tillak for Jaddu and Axar for Washy may make it better but I still dont think Axar is an international or even an IPL #7. He is a #8, a good #8 but out of depth at 7 IMO.

ataraxia

International Coach
Eclipsed Ali Brown by 9. It was kinda inevitable it was coming some time soon, but dismissed in the 42nd over? Crazy.

Half-decent knock at the other end as well.