• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India WC Thread

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I don't think Jadeja has been bad at all; it wouldn't be a performance-related change. Banking on twenty overs of spin is never ideal in Oceania to begin with though, and against Bangladesh specifically the gap between the quality of Binny's bowling and Jadeja's bowling pales into insignificance due to the strengths and weaknesses of the Bangladesh batsmen. I'd almost definitely swap them back for the semi if India won; it'd be horses for courses.
Yeah I'm not disagreeing either, I guess its more just a case of whether Binny is consistent enough to bowl a reasonable line and length. I haven't seen him bowl that much so it might be a result of that, and he has increased his pace ever so slightly. I guess I'm just afraid of him coming into the game and bowling leg side rubbish or something like that, at least with Jadeja you know exactly what you are going to get and I'm okay with what he brings as a bowler, knowing that he can cop a pasting. I also feel that Bangladesh's pace v spin domination is overstated. Just can't see Binny troubling them that much more than Jadeja tbh.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I'm not disagreeing either, I guess its more just a case of whether Binny is consistent enough to bowl a reasonable line and length. I haven't seen him bowl that much so it might be a result of that, and he has increased his pace ever so slightly. I guess I'm just afraid of him coming into the game and bowling leg side rubbish or something like that, at least with Jadeja you know exactly what you are going to get and I'm okay with what he brings as a bowler, knowing that he can cop a pasting. I also feel that Bangladesh's pace v spin domination is overstated. Just can't see Binny troubling them that much more than Jadeja tbh.
6/4

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
You said you can't see Binny troubling the Bangladesh team. That was one instance of it. And, India did not play many matches against Bangladesh with him in the team after that.
I was talking specifically in the next game, his performance in a low scoring bowler friendly wicket with leg side freebies getting wickets is hardly proof of his skill as a bowler.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
This is what Kohli is doing in between matches:

Virat Kohli on Twitter said:
Just watched #NH10 and i am blown away. What a brilliant film and specially an outstanding performance by my love @AnushkaSharma. SO PROUD:)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Haha Kohli.

But ya it reminded me that I need to see the movie. (I liked Navdeep's earlier movie Manorama)

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
What do you mean? That was the best ODI bowling performance ever...
Not the best but, not the worst as well.

And Contra: Jadeja is one of my favourite players. I too prefer Jadeja over Binny. I was just quoting one instance where he did well. Can't undermine that by saying that he did it by fluke. Only way Binny could have played is instead of one of the 3 seamers in case they were not doing well. Now, he can take a nice rest.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Very premature thread. India have to get to the final first and odds are against them to do that.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We've got so many wickets with the short ball with Shami in particular bowing some pretty sharp skiddy bouncers. Hopefully they don't overdo it though because you get the feeling Australia put a lot more preparation and analysis of their opposition compared to most teams (other than England and their statistics of course) so they might be a bit more prepared than other teams who've been caught by surprise.