• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India WC Thread

cnerd123

likes this
I like the mauka mauka ads! Love how part 1 of the latest ones built to part 2 where he is supporting India so Pak can make it through. :P

The win against WI was wayyy harder than it should have been. Bowled and fielded well, but urgh not good batting. Situations like that are where Ashwin at 8 is so useful I guess. MSD is such a beast as well.

Should finish top in the group, and should be facing either SL, Eng or BD in the quarters. Back us to beat all three tbh.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, I mean the players should be thinking about beating the best, but in reality, any one of four or five teams can easily string together a three team winning streak, and all of those teams can have a bad day and lose. Having an easier path definitely matters. It's much easier to pull out a victory when not at your best against a Bangladesh compared to an Australia. And then you only have to worry about putting together a two game winning streak.
Yeah, makes sense. Still not reason enough though to want to intentionally lose a match and lose the momentum to make our path 'easy' to the title

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
As defending world champions, we should be thinking about winning the whole thing. To do that we have to beat the best teams at some stage. Stop worrying about who we want to play in quarters guys.
**** it. I am happy India will play BD in quarters most likely.

cnerd123

likes this
Lot if ppl talking abt MSD's chatter over the stump mic. Can anyone fill me in on what thats all about? Was he unsually funny against Ireland or did someone compile a montage of **** he says?

anil1405

International Captain
Lot if ppl talking abt MSD's chatter over the stump mic. Can anyone fill me in on what thats all about? Was he unsually funny against Ireland or did someone compile a montage of **** he says?
Nothing unusual about that compilation. Its something he keeps doing regularly. Star sports just trying to make a meal of it. Most of it was about Dhoni asking the bowler to bowl a particular length and telling the bowler to observe how the batsman is moving around before the delivery is bowled.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Will Dhawan end up being India's highest run-getter this time? (Who would've anticipated this before the tourney started!) Currently, the difference between him and Kohli is 70-80 runs.