• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Squad Discussion

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seems like a straight up shootout for all the 7 bowlers. Not surprising exactly 0 have stepped up for the challenge. Good to see Pathan get hit for plenty.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Kohli What a knock. Even though it was a warmup.

Surprising lack of Kohli pics by Jono so far.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I very much look forward to Rohit Sharma getting picked in the CT ahead of Kartik, because he's gun in IPL:laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Karthik was picked based on the IPL as well..
I like to think Karthik was picked based on suitability and familiarity to the conditions, as well as being a backup wicket keeper. He was employed as a Test opener in England a few years back and looked really good so I thought the selection was partially based on that.

But you're probably right. :p

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like to think Karthik was picked based on suitability and familiarity to the conditions, as well as being a backup wicket keeper. He was employed as a Test opener in England a few years back and looked really good so I thought the selection was partially based on that.

But you're probably right. :p
Actually I think it's a bit of both. He was in the squad for the Pakistan ODI series, but didn't get a game. That was most likely due to his gun Ranji and OD season. What got him into the XI was probably the IPL though.