• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could have any player in the world for your club side who would it be and why

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
You'd want a hard-hitting all-rounder.

Flintoff and Symonds would be right up there, fitness and hangovers permitting.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
It would have to be someone to coach the kids all week, bat and bowl like a star on weekends and drink like a fish at night and regale the crowds with stories and anecdotes in the bar.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
It would have to be someone to coach the kids all week, bat and bowl like a star on weekends and drink like a fish at night and regale the crowds with stories and anecdotes in the bar.
So that's Peter Roebuck ruled out then.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I agree, and I think Flintoff fits in really well with all that.

EDIT: Warne as well.

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
keith miller. he knew how to play cricket and how to prioritize things in life. also supposed to be a great guy.

if that option is ruled out since he is no more, i will settle for richie benaud, for the same reasons.

Last edited:

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
keith miller. ......
I reckon you'd get more value at your club outa a guy that's still alive. :)

I'd go someone like Mitchel Johnson, who would scare the bejeesus outa the opposition, knock over the stumps and then proceed to loose plenty of balls into the park.

Symonds would be good value to and I think he'd enjoy the relaxed atmosphere in our comp that allows such frivolity as downing cans on the field.

cheers