• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Greatest World Cup XI selector

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Difficult to choose, but went with the XI of;

Tendulkar
Lara
Ponting
Crowe (c)
Richards
Gilchrist (wk)
Kapil
Wasim
Warne
Bond
McGrath

Love to see Crowe's ODI captaincy with that side.

Could easily have selected the likes of Anwar, Gibbs & Murali to name a few...

Teja.

Global Moderator
No Boon is a joke ffs. This is a pure WC XI, random ATGs who were above average in WCs have no right to be there.

Boon has 815 runs @ 54 across two excellent WCs as an opener, was the second highest scorer, best batsman and MOTM of the 1987 WC final and would likely have shipped MOTS if the tournament had it.

Tendulkar
Gilchrist
Richards
Ponting
Crowe
Yuvraj
Kapil
Wasim
Warne
Garner
McGrath

Ftr, I pretended that no other ODIs apart from the WC have ever been played to pick this WC which is clearly the only way it should done in order to not defeat the purpose of the exercise. This explains the presence of Yuvraj who not only deserves to be there but has a decent chance of being the side's MVP considering he averages 60 with the bat and 20 with the ball in WC games and has even more ridiculous numbers in the 2011 edition where he was the MOTS.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
No Boon is a joke ffs. This is a pure WC XI, random ATGs who were above average in WCs have no right to be there.

Boon has 815 runs @ 54 across two excellent WCs as an opener, was the second highest scorer, best batsman and MOTM of the 1987 WC final and would likely have shipped MOTS if the tournament had it.

Tendulkar
Gilchrist
Richards
Ponting
Crowe
Yuvraj
Kapil
Wasim
Warne
Garner
McGrath

Ftr, I pretended that no other ODIs apart from the WC have ever been played to pick this WC which is clearly the only way it should done in order to not defeat the purpose of the exercise. This explains the presence of Yuvraj who not only deserves to be there but has a decent chance of being the side's MVP considering he averages 60 with the bat and 20 with the ball in WC games and has even more ridiculous numbers in the 2011 edition where he was the MOTS.
I had no idea he was that good outside of the 2011 WC. That is insane.

Viddly

Cricket Spectator

Tendulkar
Gilchrist
Richards
Ponting
Crowe
Yuvraj
Kapil
Wasim
Warne
Garner
McGrath

Boon is there

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Glenn Turner
Ramiz Raja
Graham Gooch
Stephen Fleming
Allan Lamb
David Gower
Thomas Odoyo
Moin Kahn
Phil Defreitas