• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many grounds have you watched cricket at?

biased indian

International Coach
Chinnaswamy-Bangalore--> 1 FC
Chidambaram-Chennai-->1 ODI
Eden Gardens-calcutta-->1 ODI
Wankade-Mumbai-->1 FC
J N --> cochin 4 ODI

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Gabba
SCG
MCG
Bradman Oval, Bowral
Manuka Oval, Canberra
Lord's

Plus a host of local club grounds.

Living in England now I'll get to as many here as I can. Going to the Caribbean next March/April as well, so will hopefully add a couple of WI grounds to my list.

Craig

World Traveller
'Gabba
Junction Oval and when I stumbled across it I didn't realise it was the ground

shehanwije

School Boy/Girl Captain
Test match grounds that I have been to - in priority of my all time favourite grounds
  1. Lords....electric, intimate, steeped in history
  2. SCG....best viewing ground in the world
  3. Asgiriya, Kandy...the mountains provide a pictureque setting to this school ground
  4. SSC, Colombo...traditional, test ground...compact and superbly maintained
  5. MCG....what a colloseum, how do they empty the ground so quickly
  6. Trent Bridge....historic, compact
  7. Gabba...cant think past Harmison's first ball to second slip
  8. Galle....historic fort forms a great backdrop
  9. Premadasa....large playing area, but not a comfortable ground
  10. Oval, Colombo....small, outdated ground
  11. CCC, Colombo....thank god they dont play tests here anymore

First Class Grounds....too many to recollect.

stumpski

International Captain
At last - this is the sort of fan I was hoping to hear from. I've met my match. :clap:

Although, as I said before, visiting every (or most of) the Test grounds in Australia or India is far more impressive than attending a dozen in the south-east of England, as I have.

Are you planning to go to Hobart sometime, JB? And have you counted Darwin and Cairns?

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
SCG - historic, and my favourite - not just because it is my home ground
MCG - BIG
Gabba - great view from everywhere and anywhere.
Adelaide Oval - very pretty.
Lords - I love the new commentary box - looks like half a space ship. So out of sync with the rest of this beautiful ground.

I also like Manuka Oval - very intimate, and North Sydney Oval for the same reason.

On my viewing wish list...Trent Bridge - want to see my favourite county team at their home ground, the WACA, Bellerive Oval, The Basin Reserve and a Test match in India.

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair enough, but train fare in addition to entrance fee is a bit too pricey for me, even with my YP railcard.
Costs £5 for me to get to Birmingham, and i paid £60 at the start of the season to be a Warks. member, so finding money to see games isn't a problem.:sleep:

stumpski

International Captain
They certainly played at Stratford upon Avon the last 2 years (but not this year). Despite living much closer to there than Edgbaston i didn't actually go, but i have played on it. :cool:
This season all their home games are at Edgbaston.

Some outgrounds used by Warwickshire over the years.

Don't suppose they've all hosted first-team games, but I'm pretty sure Nuneaton has, in the last 20 years anyway.

shehanwije

School Boy/Girl Captain
At last - this is the sort of fan I was hoping to hear from. I've met my match. :clap:
Stumpski, did you mean my list? I always felt that I have not been to enough test match grounds, although I have watched around 50-60 tests in the flesh....but after looking at these posts, perhap I should re-adjust my expectation, :huh:

Must watch test match grounds still left to do - Adelaide (have only driven past it on a non-cricket day), Cape Town, Newlands, Eden Gardens.

Prettiest non-test cricket ground that I have been to - Toss up between Bowral (Bradman's home ground) and Arundel Castle Ground (anyone remember those lovely Duchess of Norfolk tour openers against the touring teams in Eng?)