• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good is the Pakistan Team right now? (AKA the Pakistani climate thread)

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Since you are someone who follows Pak domestic cricket, I'm sure you have noticed that Usman Salahuddin is piling on the runs. What do you think of him PEWS?

Also have any young and quick Pak domestic bowlers caught your eye recently.

smash84

The Tiger King
I visit that city quite often as I buy yarn from couple of factories in Multan.May be we can have CW Pakistan meet up in Multan. Smali you are also invited, a visit to Multan is incomplete without a savli salooni see mehbooba:ph34r:
What cheapsters at CW. Inviting me to Multan (of all the good places in Pakistan) :ph34r:

Lol, who changed the title of the thread. :laugh:
That was my first question when I opened CW this morning.

Me. I was getting sick of opening it and expecting cricket discussion. :p
:laugh::laugh::laugh: ......PEWS...WAC

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Since you are someone who follows Pak domestic cricket, I'm sure you have noticed that Usman Salahuddin is piling on the runs. What do you think of him PEWS?
I've never seen him bat. He's certainly had an awesome last couple of months though; no concerns over his hunger for runs or general performance level so far at all. Hopefully he backs it up in the Pentangular tournament this season (if it goes ahead; I did hear they may scrap it at one stage which would be a terrible idea); I don't think he's ever hit a ton at that level before. Athlai had a sly dig at me in another thread because I mentioned to him that my statistical system places Salahuddin at #40 in the world batting ranks. :p

Also have any young and quick Pak domestic bowlers caught your eye recently.
Well Sadaf has been killing it, but I mentioned that ages ago and I'm sure you're aware of him. Rahat Ali has come onto the scene with a bang as well.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
:laugh:

Usman will make a good replacement for Misbah and Fawad for Younis.

This is what Pakistan's top order should be for the future (after Misbah, Younis, Hafeez and Taufeeq have gone). Just have to find some good openers. Any ideas PEWS (maybe Baber Azam/Umar Amin as one opener and Ahmad Shehzad as the other).

Opener
Opener
Azhar Ali
Fawad Alam
Usman Salahuddin
Asad Shafiq/Umar Akmal

Haven't heard of Rahat Ali.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
:laugh:

Usman will make a good replacement for Misbah and Fawad for Younis.

This is what Pakistan's top order should be for the future (after Misbah, Younis, Hafeez and Taufeeq have gone). Just have to find some good openers. Any ideas PEWS (maybe Baber Azam/Umar Amin as one opener and Ahmad Shehzad as the other).

Opener
Opener
Azhar Ali
Fawad Alam
Usman Salahuddin
Asad Shafiq/Umar Akmal

Haven't heard of Rahat Ali.
Fawad should be playing already; he's amongst the best three batsmen in the country. Somehow I doubt he'll ever get a proper run though.

I'd probably be looking at moving Azhar up to open and playing all of that middle order post-seniors at this stage but a lot could happen between now and when they all retire.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Nasir Jamshed should get an opening gig he's improved a lot in the last 12 months imo.Afaq Raheem is another name that should be kept an eye on.

Xuhaib

International Coach
what made him think he would be picked over W's Shoaib,Zahid and Mohammad Akram. should have applied for Indian passsport at that point.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
I've never seen him bat. He's certainly had an awesome last couple of months though; no concerns over his hunger for runs or general performance level so far at all. Hopefully he backs it up in the Pentangular tournament this season (if it goes ahead; I did hear they may scrap it at one stage which would be a terrible idea); I don't think he's ever hit a ton at that level before. Athlai had a sly dig at me in another thread because I mentioned to him that my statistical system places Salahuddin at #40 in the world batting ranks. :p
Usman averaged 17 in his first season however since then over a period of 22 games he's averaging 70 even in Pentangular cup he averages a decent 45 though without a hundred. IMO if he has a good Pentangular he should be in line for a test selction though ofcourse I would want Fawad to get a go before him.

Two more guys caught my eye Mohammad Ayub Saeed bin Nasir

Ayub is averaging 50 over the last 4 seasons while Saeed has averaged 40+ in atleast 5 of the last 6 seasons.. Both are 32 ideal Misbah replacements.:p

Xuhaib

International Coach
Azhar Ali form for his local team has been shocking since he has become a test player maybe he doesn't give too much importance to his FC side now he is a test regular. Pretty poor attitude if that really the case.