• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How did India become the No. 1 Test Side?

Gob

International Coach
...And therefore they (Rsa) imo are better.
Well its nice of you to base the current bowling form of the two groups on a series that happened 14 months ago that too when the spearhead was returning from a freak injury.

Anyway i'm not doubting the quality of the SA attack and i think they are slightly better than the Aust counterparts but its hilarious when you completely overlook the fact that Aust bowlers have to bowl on some of the flattest wickets in the world because hey its their home conditions so they should automatically bowl well there. Fast bowling is far more rewarding in SA than its in Aust

Chrish

International Debutant
SL too I guess.
I am aware of that. I usually look at the overall performances of player in Asia because wickets in the past were kind of similar. Kallis was brilliant in India, Pakistan and UAE so he doesn't have anything to prove in Asia as far as I am concerned.

smash84

The Tiger King
Well its nice of you to base the current bowling form of the two groups on a series that happened 14 months ago that too when the spearhead was returning from a freak injury.

Anyway i'm not doubting the quality of the SA attack and i think they are slightly better than the Aust counterparts but its hilarious when you completely overlook the fact that Aust bowlers have to bowl on some of the flattest wickets in the world because hey its their home conditions so they should automatically bowl well there. Fast bowling is far more rewarding in SA than its in Aust
So you obviously must give a lot of credit to the SC bowlers for bowling on some of the flattest wickets regularly?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Like the new Perth pitch. Can't wait to watch a test match when it happens and I hope Cummins/Starc/Hazlewood shoot sides out.
Yeal that'll be great, especially as there as a very good chance India will be the first test match there.........I too would enjoy some carnage.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
Yeal that'll be great, especially as there as a very good chance India will be the first test match there.........I too would enjoy some carnage.
Funny you say that since India was the first team to defeat Aus at Perth since the 90's Windies, the pitch was also probably the quickest Aussie track I've seen in the last decade.

Motorwada

Banned
I am aware of that. I usually look at the overall performances of player in Asia because wickets in the past were kind of similar. Kallis was brilliant in India, Pakistan and UAE so he doesn't have anything to prove in Asia as far as I am concerned.
Hehe the old method of lumping all the SC countries with multiple languages/cultures/religions into one but the white countries with the transplanted Englishmen have a lot of 'variety' and 'diversity'. "Oh but racism doesn't exist".

Motorwada

Banned
Considering this new Indian pace bowling attack and the general crappiness of the Australian side against seam/swing the carnage might happen in the other direction as seen at the Wanderers. For all of India's weaknesses against pace there really have been no 47 a.o. / 60 a.o scores. We all saw what Umesh/Bhuvi did against Australia in Dharamsala and that pitch was only slightly helpful to seamers.

Chrish

International Debutant
Hehe the old method of lumping all the SC countries with multiple languages/cultures/religions into one but the white countries with the transplanted Englishmen have a lot of 'variety' and 'diversity'. "Oh but racism doesn't exist".
Rubbish. Anyone who watches Cricket knows conditions in England, Aust or SA are vastly different. This is Cricket forum and I would appreciate if we stay on topic please.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Considering this new Indian pace bowling attack and the general crappiness of the Australian side against seam/swing the carnage might happen in the other direction as seen at the Wanderers. For all of India's weaknesses against pace there really have been no 47 a.o. / 60 a.o scores. We all saw what Umesh/Bhuvi did against Australia in Dharamsala and that pitch was only slightly helpful to seamers.
The Indian seam bowling attack will come here full of promise and get torn to shreds. It is ever thus.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Rubbish. Anyone who watches Cricket knows conditions in England, Aust or SA are vastly different. This is Cricket forum and I would appreciate if we stay on topic please.
Accusations of racism are stupid imo, but it is certainly bull**** if you think batsman face the same challenges in all 3 SC countries. Check India's stats vs Pak/SL for home and away and explain to me the divergence in records if the wickets are same.

Chrish

International Debutant
Accusations of racism are stupid imo, but it is certainly bull**** if you think batsman face the same challenges in all 3 SC countries. Check India's stats vs Pak/SL for home and away and explain to me the divergence in records if the wickets are same.
Pretty similar conditions as far as I am concerned. When you collectively average 55 while doing great against 2 of 3 strong teams, to me it shows you don't have much to prove over there.

As for home vs away stats, to me it looks nothing abnormal.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Pretty similar conditions as far as I am concerned. When you collectively average 55 while doing great against 2 of 3 strong teams, to me it shows you don't have much to prove over there.

As for home vs away stats, to me it looks nothing abnormal.
India at home vs Pak/SL - 18 Wins / 5 losses

India away vs Pak/SL - 11 Wins/ 14 losses

are you sure these numbers don't look abnormal at all given your theory about the same conditions?

Furball

Evil Scotsman

They're also bowling against batsmen who aren't used to the conditions.

Sure, there's pretty much no sideways movement, but the bounce in Australia is pretty alien to most teams.

Chrish

International Debutant
India at home vs Pak/SL - 18 Wins / 5 losses

India away vs Pak/SL - 11 Wins/ 14 losses

are you sure these numbers don't look abnormal at all given your theory about the same conditions?
No.

India and Pakistan have been playing Cricket as far back as 1952 from the era of non-neutral empires. When we consider their performance from neutral era (somewhere from late 80s), both teams have shown the ability to win or draw the games regardless of the venues.

SL have beaten India in two series both being at home. One of them being infamous Mendis debut series where no batsman had any clue on how to play him. SL have not been able to beat India in India which I find pretty interesting but SL on the other hand have shown the ability to beat Pakistan in their backyard who in turn have shown ability to win against India in India. So, India's wood over SL at home is psychological more so than anything IMO.

I don't think nature of wickets has much to do with this.

srbhkshk

International Captain
No.

India and Pakistan have been playing Cricket as far back as 1952 from the era of non-neutral empires. When we consider their performance from neutral era (somewhere from late 80s), both teams have shown the ability to win or draw the games regardless of the venues.

SL have beaten India in two series both being at home. One of them being infamous Mendis debut series where no batsman had any clue on how to play him. SL have not been able to beat India in India which I find pretty interesting but SL on the other hand have shown the ability to beat Pakistan in their backyard who in turn have shown ability to win against India in India. So, India's wood over SL at home is psychological more so than anything IMO.

I don't think nature of wickets has much to do with this.
India and SA have also shown the ability to win/draw in each others conditions, same conditions clearly.