• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Highest score in a 1 on 1 game?

pakster

U19 12th Man
87...was pasting the ball to all parts. I went for the roof shot (over the roof and onto the street) didnt make it. It hit the roof and bounced into the neigbours garden thus ending argubly the greatest garden innings ever played! :D

Tom Halsey

International Coach
In a 1 on 1 game, I just scored 1,342 against someone up the road. Not sure of the exact score, easy to lose count in such a long innings, but it is roughly that.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
In a 1 on 1 game, I just scored 1,342 against someone up the road. Not sure of the exact score, easy to lose count in such a long innings, but it is roughly that.
How old were they?
How many functioning limbs did they have?
How long were the boundaries?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
The one person was 14.
All their limbs were functioning.
Boundaries of roughly 30m.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
The one person was 14.
All they're limbs were functioning.
Boundaries of roughly 30m.
I'm sorry, you'll have to correct the grammar because that makes no sense.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
410* in under 2 hours. It was a family match, me and my brother verse the rest of the family(bout 10) on Christmas. I didn't even know what i scored, till i found out after that my mum(who wasnt playing) decided to score instead.

Damo

Cricket Spectator
my highest score in backyard cricket is 423 against my brother, and my highest in proper cricket is 116*

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I was already captain of the college team and played with first class and even some international cricketers, so at home the nephews and nieces (as well as sisters) were always looking to beat me at backyard cricket.. Mostly it was me against everyone else. invariably I won and I made them bat first so that the match ended as soon as I overtook their score.

Once they beat me and they made a big song and dance about it. Shouting and celeberating and making fun of the 'future cricket star " :p

I was furious and decided to teach them a lesson. We played another game and I decided to bat first and went on and on and on. At copletion of a hundred and then 200 they kept pleading with me to declare. But I went on until at 500 they decided to cry off and the game was called off for all time to come :) But they never stopped teasing me about it for years afterwards.

match fixer04

Cricket Spectator
At home my brother and i play a 5 over game where i made 110* then he came in and went out for a duck! :D

highest score would be though 633* but had to declare as my brother just went off because he couldn't hack it

but this is with one hand one bounce, tipity, bat down, auto keeper, 3 misses and your out and no boundries

Link

State Vice-Captain
With the help from some unbelivable rules. (e.g. 50 for hitting the mirror, 100 through the dog flap, etc) me and my brother played cricket on our knees in the lounge, until i reached 800 or so not out and then he cried with frustration.