• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Highest score in a 1 on 1 game?

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
I scored 220 against my dad when I was 7 or 8, hate to think what I'd do to the poor guy know........... more what his back would do to him really

)Swing(

Cricket Spectator
300*. Brilliant display from me.

My dad was telling me he once hit a sublime 1054 with his police baton against a crunched up piece of paper wrapped in masking tape. heh.

King_Ponting

International Regular
)Swing( said:
300*. Brilliant display from me.

My dad was telling me he once hit a sublime 1054 with his police baton against a crunched up piece of paper wrapped in masking tape. heh.
Well someone has a lot of spare time......

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
this is in backyard cricket against James 90 but in real cricket 17, i usually bat further down the order
i dont usually count runs when playing against family

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
114 against my mate up the road. Then I hit the ball into the plant at silly mid off on the full which was a "catch" and I was out.

In 'front yard' driveway cricket it wasn't much because we always had retirement figures. It was never higher than 50. Usually around 20. We had a rule that if you hit a mailbox on the full you got the houses street address as runs. The house directly opposite with the mailbox at about 25-30 metre's was Number 15. One day we decided on 15 for retirement. First ball I faced...lofted shot right onto the mailbox. I could never deliberately hit it because it was a shoebox sized box on a very thin metal stand.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Oh and 100 off a single shot but as I said ^^ retirement was never higher than 50 so I could never improve.

You got a hundred runs if you pulled off a very difficult shot...hit the ball over the powerline about 40 metres to your right but a tree obscured 90% of it...

rookie

Cricket Spectator
My highest 1 on 1 score was 275 after school one day at the after school care
My highest at school was when i was 11
we were playing about 20 people from the year above us and i belted 99 in about half an hour before being run out attempting a 5th
im not too good at backyard and mini cricket games

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
Chappell brothers

Rumour has it as a kid Greg Chappell made 1000 against Trevor Chappell who was crying his eyes out by the end of it. Trevor was then dismissed for a duck and Greg didn't enforce the follow on.

arvloshan

Cricket Spectator
i am an all rounder

my highest score is 145 during a school match.. :laugh:

i was a school time popular leg spinner but only once i got a fifer n that figures were 5 for 6.. can u belive ????

unfortunately sri lanka lost a great all rounder.. :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
144, before dragging one on. Best game I`ve played for a while, I think I was out there for just under two hours. But this isn`t in a 1-on-1 game tbh.

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
its to wet to play here for probably about 2 or 3 weeks but i just got 565 in hallway cricket i was batting for 4 hours

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
599* including a cruching strate drive that nutted the fence, a pull wich went strate and bonkd th bowla on th hed and a 111 (look at my post in weirdest backyard rule) stunning stuf all round crap bowling from a gud bowla exptional batting frm a good batter lastd about 4 hours 50ish overs

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
My highest score 1 on 1 is 375*, made in the garden...

My highest score otherwise would be 289* at school versus my friends. Shame I made it on the last day of the school year so I didn't get a chance to get my 300. I think I was in for 3 days (60-70 overs ) so maybe it was someone elses turn anyway. :p