• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hayden calls Harbhajan an obnoxious weed

biased indian

International Coach
Cant be the fact that he didnt walk in Sydney - Tendy didnt recently when he hit the cover off the ball and that hasnt affected his popularity

Cant be the sledging - India have been far more blatant of late

So what is it then?
So if indians do some thing its not ok and what symonds or for that matter hayden does is ok ????

a crime is a crime if some one does it 5 times and the other does it only twice does make some body not guilty..and in this case do i need to list out..just have look with whom the indians were arguing

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So if indians do some thing its not ok and what symonds or for that matter hayden does is ok ????

a crime is a crime if some one does it 5 times and the other does it only twice does make some body not guilty..and in this case do i need to list out..just have look with whom the indians were arguing
TBF, I don't think that's what he's saying, but anyway.

Having been to the cricket so many times, seeing players interact with the crowd, be it friendly or unfriendly, is hardly uncommon. I go back to the Hadlee days, though I'm not so old as to remember the John Snow fiasco many moons ago (thank goodness :)).

Frankly, if the crowd were calling Harbhajan a monkey then good on him for giving something back. I wish Symonds had in India tbh. Most mobs are made of cowards after all.

Having said that, if the Gabba pitch is fast and bouncy, I do hope Habhajan bats, and I do hope Lee and Johnson are at top pace, and I do hope they each haven't already bowled their one legitinate throat ball per over.

Don't like Harby tbh, and I think he needs to be sat on his backside by a bouncer. And I say that because that's part of the game, as much as anyone else copping a going over on the field is.

Doesn't mean he should cop racial stuff from a crowd though, or indeed any personal abuse for that matter. Just as Symonds shouldn't.

What I can't countenance from both sides to this debate though, is the whole "it was only a small number" stuff, as if that justifies it. Obviously, there will be idiots in any crowd of several thousand, but it still shows a pretty ugly side to the game, and to people in general frankly, that we could all do without.

biased indian

International Coach
Having said that, if the Gabba pitch is fast and bouncy, I do hope Habhajan bats, and I do hope Lee and Johnson are at top pace, and I do hope they each haven't already bowled their one legitinate throat ball per over.
Hope you dont get to see that :cool:

And i get to see a repeat of wht harby did in sydney :laugh: (and the result also :ph34r: )

jeevan

International 12th Man
Just what does signing for IPL have to do with anybody's feelings for the Harby? ZERO

Stop making excuses for this imbecile and get it through your head that they cant stand the guy, not the race or country
Hayden's rantings on the radio station were not confined to Harbhajan. He was mouting off on the whole Indian team ('they do this because they are losing every game over here') and other Indian cricketers (Ishant).

IPL is an Indian domestic league. Whether or not Hayden approves of the race or the country (who gives a rats arse, really, he is just a cricketer not a brain surgeon or a banker) he has to work alongside and probably play for Indian cricketers, whom he appears to not hold in any regard.

ps Making excuses for Harbhajan?? Requiring some minimal standards of behavior from all - incl Hayden and Harbhajan - is not the same as holding a brief for Harbhajan. You can check all my 400 something posts, closest I came to that was thinking that the racism allegation was unsubstantiated, which it turned out to be.

Burgey

Hope you dont get to see that :cool:

And i get to see a repeat of wht harby did in sydney :laugh: (and the result also :ph34r: )
I hope you mean his bowling, and not some gesture, coz if he does it after everything else that's happened, then he really is stupid.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Cant be the fact that he didnt walk in Sydney - Tendy didnt recently when he hit the cover off the ball and that hasnt affected his popularity

So what is it then?
Been the initiator of incidents with Harbhajan, Ishant on this tour, and possibly Sreesanth before (didnt follow that incident closely). That he started these incidents with his sledging on this tour (when things werent going well for Australia, cricket wise) is well recorded.

For me , marks him out as a provocateur. A highly undesirable character flaw.

(And then there was his statement on it being OK for his friends to call him a monkey, thereby trivialising the whole race issue, IMO anyway).

Burgey

Any thing for win the aussie style :ph34r:
Well, if you reckon making gestures to a crowd helps you win, so be it.
He may well think that, which would be in keeping with his actions over the years.
Would make an appropriate post-script to the whole thing really.

Flem274*

123/5
Dunno why there is so much debate on this TBH, its pretty clear cut. Harbhajan (sic) and Hayden are ****heads and need to cop a 150kmh beamer.

Burgey

Dunno why there is so much debate on this TBH, its pretty clear cut. Harbhajan (sic) and Hayden are ****heads and need to cop a 150kmh beamer.
Maybe Bing'a ball last night was mistaken ID? You might be on to something here Flem!

jeevan

International 12th Man
Just what does signing for IPL have to do with anybody's feelings for the Harby? ZERO

Stop making excuses for this imbecile and get it through your head that they cant stand the guy, not the race or country
After the Judge Hansen hearing, media quoted a senior Australian player strongly protesting the money power and bullying of the BCCI.

If that person was Hayden, and he signed up for auction at the IPL, it has everything to do with this particular discussion.

If that person was Clarke or Mitch Johnson, then that unnamed player has acted honorably. Otherwise one player in the Australian team is a cheap mercenary. My speculation was and is that it was Hayden quoted.

Davey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hahaha lol'd at the smh article.

One spectator sitting in the Bill O'Reilly stand, Craig Woodbury, said Harbhajan also spat towards the crowd after they called him "a wanker". "He definitely made the monkey gestures and he spat towards us," Woodbury said. "It was a bit disgraceful really, especially after what happened here in the Test match [with Symonds].

"There are a lot of young people sitting here and it was inappropriate. He is a role model to a lot of people. If he wants respect he has to treat others with respect.

Irony much
where is the prove he actually did this, one random guy in the crowd claims this, Border comes out and backs Harbhajan... and yet the media start having a field day with it..

**** i wish everyone would just focus on the cricket, i thought this **** was done after all those hearings and stuff

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

So it was these bogans who got their knickers in a knot at a weedy little Indian spitting in their direction? :laugh:

Watch the last ball when Dhoni hits the winning runs and you see these same babies sitting their with their hands crossed bitter as you can get. :laugh:

Harbi, you did good this time.

masterblaster

International Captain
The Australian fans are so spoilt. Win after win and they still wan't more. They lose a couple of games and the fans start to whine. I've read fans commenting that Ricky Ponting should retire. I'll tell every Australian supporter one thing, it's tough and an absolute roller coaster ride being an Indian supporter. You get to see really fantastic high's and terrible lows but we still love our side and back them until the very end.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Australian fans are so spoilt. Win after win and they still wan't more. They lose a couple of games and the fans start to whine. I've read fans commenting that Ricky Ponting should retire. I'll tell every Australian supporter one thing, it's tough and an absolute roller coaster ride being an Indian supporter. You get to see really fantastic high's and terrible lows but we still love our side and back them until the very end.
Ahhh, right.

R_D

International Debutant
Haha... " We were calling him a Wanker and he spat towards us"... oh WOW.. WTF did you expect you dumb ****. Is there any evidance that he did make these alledged Monkey gestures or spat towards the crowd ? Fells like aussies having a whinge now that their team lost ?
Imagine the uproar if Ishant had bowled a beamer like Brett Lee.