• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group H - Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Let me know when Wigan win the title. I believe I'll owe someone a ****load of money. Can't recall who though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's very likely. This time ten years ago the thought of Chelsea winning a league seemed far-fetched. For whatever reason, every subsequent generation seems to believe that the teams that are good at the time will always be good.

Also, lol @ people using the phrase "big four".
10 years ago if I'd predicted that Newcastle would win the Championship in 2010 and Leeds would be promoted from the 3rd tier I'd have been locked up in an asylum.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Clear flailing arm to the face, but as usual a disgraceful bit of play-acting to seal the deal.

Credit to this ref though, he's clearly decided that he doesn't want anything as tedious as a game of football to ruin his one-man whistle show and is making sure that doesn't happen.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Why are people thoroughly enjoying Spain's loss? They play attractive football so it's not like the Italy hate.

The world football community confuses me.
I started disliking them when they and their fans started talking about them winning in terms of "good vs evil". As if a team that beats them by playing defensively is evil and the game in general loses when Spain loses. Personally, I think that's a load of crap and don't care about them winning anymore than I care about Italy winning. Teams can try to win by any means necessary or at their disposal, as long as it's within the rules.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Agree with Ikki

This game has been ruined by the referee, just blurgh. Rather than worrying about diving we should worry about yellow cards being handed out like confetti as they ruin a game much, much more.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Finally Chile score but not before Switzerland break the record for longest time without conceding in the Wc finals

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Dead set shocking. Chile would have had no one to blame but themselves had that gone in, they should (just like in their first match) be absolutely out of sight.

Derdiyok missed a sitter against Spain as well, having an awful tournament in front of goal.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ha, first good thing the ref has done all game

I see this match has generated a lot of interest :ph34r: