• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group H - Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Too true

Spain need a win to keep them in the hunt for top, tonight

I'm sure they will win like but you never know.

Looks like most of the groups are set for interesting finishes anyway.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, Switzerland not in bad shape at all despite that result. They'd have to back themselves to beat Honduras, meaning the Chile/Spain game could well be an elimination match.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, Switzerland not in bad shape at all despite that result. They'd have to back themselves to beat Honduras, meaning the Chile/Spain game could well be an elimination match.
Yes a two goal win would definitely put Switzerland through whatever the other results.

The result just gone is both bad and good for Spain, Spain will probably have to win both games now but they have it in their own hands to finish top now (and presumably avoid Brazil).

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bloody hell I love Chile but they have just missed a stupid amount of chances.

Really hope they go through, would be much better for the tournament that Switzerland going through but fear they will go out now on goal difference.

Will have to get a draw with Spain or I think only lose by 1 and hope Switzelrand only win by one.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Great goal...
Why didn't Torres start last match... Was he injured ?
Yeah was coming back from injury. He still looks half a yard short TBH.

Honduras actually look pretty dangerous going forward but are a bit of shambles in defence, visibly terrified every time Spain have the ball.

R_D

International Debutant
Seems fair enough I guess...
I thought might have been something to do with Spanish manager trying to fit in all those midfielders. They do have huge amount of talent in midfield positions.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
By the letter of the law (ie. what happens to Australians :ph34r:) I reckon that should have been a straight red for Villa.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Spain look very sharp, should be more than a goal up - a match-fit and in-form Torres would have a hat trick by now. Villa scored a cracker.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
And after 155 mins of football for Spain at this World Cup, Fabregas finally gets a run out.

Edit - and almost scores with his first touch!