• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group G - Brazil, Korea DPR, Côte d'Ivoire, Portugal

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Just the seven then. Portugal all-but through now, barring a 9-goal turnaround in the final round of matches.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
In some ways have been looking forward to a goal blitz, so an entertaining match. Quality performance from the Portugese though feel a bit sorry the hapless North Koreans - I'm just thankful that it wasn't New Zealand on the receiving end!

irfan

State Captain
Wow. Portugal absolutely demolished Korea in the wet second half. Even Buddy would have been happy with seven.

Midfielder Tiago MOTM for mine - sublime through ball to set Raul Meireles up for the opener and helped himself to a couple himself. Practically the entire front-half on the scoresheet

Meireles, Simao, Almeida, Tiago, Liedson & Ronaldo

Sir Alex

Banned
6-0 to Portugal in the second half, surely must be a World Cup record?
Yugoslavia were 6-0 at first half vs Scotland in 1974 world cup.

Also Hungary were 5-2 against West Germany in 54 world cup.

Hungary scored 7 goals in the second half during their 10-1 humiliation of El Salvador in 1982 wc

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow. Portugal absolutely demolished Korea in the wet second half. Even Buddy would have been happy with seven.

Midfielder Tiago MOTM for mine - sublime through ball to set Raul Meireles up for the opener and helped himself to a couple himself. Practically the entire front-half on the scoresheet

Meireles, Simao, Almeida, Tiago, Liedson & Ronaldo
Football jokes: Wasted in the soccer world cup forum.