• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - Spain, Germany, Japan, Costa Rica

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Been reading that Celtic's Furuhashi should've been in the Japanese team but wasn't even picked in the squad. Might just be a kneejerk though?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Been reading that Celtic's Furuhashi should've been in the Japanese team but wasn't even picked in the squad. Might just be a kneejerk though?
Daizen Maeda, who is a worse player than Kyogo and is (correctly) behind Kyogo in the pecking order at Celtic, is in the Japan squad.

The English equivalent would be if Grealish had made the England squad at the expense of Phil Foden.

Tom Flint

International Regular
If they can keep a loss to Spain down to 1 goal and Germany don't win by more than 2 I think they still go through?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Daizen Maeda, who is a worse player than Kyogo and is (correctly) behind Kyogo in the pecking order at Celtic, is in the Japan squad.

The English equivalent would be if Grealish had made the England squad at the expense of Phil Foden.
I hadn't noticed this, it is very weird. Daizen is fine but Kyogo is obviously better.

International managers often completely fail to rate players accurately when they play in leagues outside the ones they usually watch. I suppose to a Japanese coach they might as well be playing on the moon.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I hadn't noticed this, it is very weird. Daizen is fine but Kyogo is obviously better.

International managers often completely fail to rate players accurately when they play in leagues outside the ones they usually watch. I suppose to a Japanese coach they might as well be playing on the moon.
Maeda I think was the top scorer in the J-League the season before he went to Celtic which maybe influences things.

Personally reckon he's garbage. Kyogo has really clever movement and if he was a more clinical finisher would be playing at a better club than Celtic. Maeda just runs around a lot.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Moriyasu's been getting absolutely bodied in the press for his team selections and strategy. Losing to Costa Rica with a knockout berth up for grabs is up there with the very worst performances.