• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - England, India, South Africa, West Indies

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England are on top here if they come back on. A shortened match will work massively in West Indies' favour though with the power they have.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
****s Nick Knight etc talking about Swann and Broad as if they bat like Monty Panesar, one of them is our test match no.7 the other probably averages more in T20 than most of our top 6, then the guy at 9 is a batting alrounder (albeit in FC cricket). Trying to use the weak lower order as an excuse for the piss poor batting by the rest of the batsmen.

Uppercut

****s Nick Knight etc talking about Swann and Broad as if they bat like Monty Panesar, one of them is our test match no.7 the other probably averages more in T20 than most of our top 6, then the guy at 9 is a batting alrounder (albeit in FC cricket). Trying to use the weak lower order as an excuse for the piss poor batting by the rest of the batsmen.
Piss poor batting? They're on course for a pretty good total here mate.

Uppercut

You reckon? Shaping up to be about 30 runs short imo.
I reckon they'll get about 160. Given this pitch favours bowlers (don't know if you were watching earlier, but trust me- it does) and England's bowling is about 123232143214 times better than their batting, i think that would put them as favourites.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Words that shouldn't be said circa. 2009: "Hurrah".
Quite right, old chap, I much prefer huzzah.

Think we may have enough if the pitch is juices up and we can get Gayle early.

That's if we get a start, if the weathers like it was here that shower was an aperitif:unsure:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon they'll get about 160. Given this pitch favours bowlers (don't know if you were watching earlier, but trust me- it does) and England's bowling is about 123232143214 times better than their batting, i think that would put them as favourites.
Missed the first 2 overs, but there's been no movement in the air, nothing of the pitch that i've seen. The pitch isn't slow, but its not particularly rapid either, the outfield is quick and the boundaries are shorter than Lords.

On the flip side, WI's ground fielding has been scratchy, and as you say we are a better bowling side, but WI have a deep batting line up.

We'll see how we go, but I'd think WI will be reasonably happy at the moment.

Scaly piscine

Would be so ****ing typical if this game is rained off.

Those couple of boundaries against India in the last 3 balls are the difference in NRR.

Uppercut

Missed the first 2 overs, but there's been no movement in the air, nothing of the pitch that i've seen. The pitch isn't slow, but its not particularly rapid either, the outfield is quick and the boundaries are shorter than Lords.

On the flip side, WI's ground fielding has been scratchy, and as you say we are a better bowling side, but WI have a deep batting line up.

We'll see how we go, but I'd think WI will be reasonably happy at the moment.
West Indies have just been bowling crap. Boyd Rankin, Umar Gul and Mohammad Aamer all owned on it earlier. It's a pitch with a lot of pace and bounce, not far from the one England played on last night. Jerome Taylor is the only fast bowler in the West Indian lineup, and he bowled badly. Fidel Edwards could have done some serious damage.

Pothas

Collingwood is fairly awful at this form of the game, shame he is captain really. Still looks quite possible that this will count for nothing as rain is surley on its way again

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
We don't actually need crazy hitting to get 40 runs off 20 balls. These two should play their own game.
Really?

Collingwood, 6 fours in 5 matches. No sixes.
Foster, 1 six in 5 matches. No fours.

If they play their own game, England are screwed.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
David Lloyd is so annoying me this tournament. He's bagged England continually, even yesterday until about two balls to go he was making out India were favourites.