• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I suspect that the public perception of Pele was more sympathetic, although you could probably find some articles at the time justifying the physical approach from Bulgaria and Portugal. Neymar does have the reputation of being a bit of a dick, and it's not just the silly haircut. Maybe that's behind some people's reaction to his treatment yesterday.
Yeah. I don't blame Switzerland at all for it, and their fouls were more tactical than violent, though Neymar will still have a lot of bruises this morning. It's the referee's responsibility.

flibbertyjibber

Schoolboy error by me, been working all week so seen no football really and promised I'd take daughter out for lunch before she goes on her last day of work experience. Having seen that Brazil is the early game I tried to get out of it by promising various things including £20 now and a chinese on Monday but she not having it. Guess I miss the Brazil match then unless I can find a table in a pub within view of the tv.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The Brazil game is the least interesting game on today anyway imo, so if you have to miss one...

flibbertyjibber

Just Brazil though aint it. I miss the last one anyway as playing bowls.

The match not as interesting as the crowd shots will be.

Uppercut

The Brazil game is the least interesting game on today anyway imo, so if you have to miss one...
Depends what you're into really. Brazil might give us some properly good attacking play, which we haven't really seen so far- imo it's been the tournament's biggest weakness. I think the most coherent attack has probably been England's, which isn't a good sign.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah true. Defo the best game to watch if you are keen to see some skill and flair. Probably the least likely to be engaging as an actual contest though I should imagine.

Uppercut

One-sided games haven't really been a problem so far. Everyone but the Saudis (and, somehow, Germany and Argentina) has a competent defence, and Costa Rica's was one of the best last time. If Brazil walk it I'll be pretty impressed.

Daemon

This has been a pretty fun 2nd half so far. Costa Rica doing just about enough to keep them out.

Uppercut

Firmino for Paulinho is a really fun change. Looks like they're going to the Guardiola formation with Firmino and Coutinho as 8s and Costa, Neymar, and Jesus as a front 3.