• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Delighted personally because I tipped 2-1 to the Swiss in my whatsapp group tipping comp, giving me a much needed three points

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saw the highlights right now and Serbia should have been given a penalty for Mitrovic being manhandled in the box when it was 1-1. The two Swiss defenders took him down like it was a ****ing street fight. Disgraceful.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, how that was missed by the ref, assistant ref and whoever was watching the screen for VAR was beyond me. Makes a mockery of the game really.

In other news, there's a bit of fall-out over the Swiss goalscorers' celebrations. Both of their families originated in Kosovo/Albania, so they were giving it the Kosovo eagles with their hand signals after scoring.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Saw the highlights right now and Serbia should have been given a penalty for Mitrovic being manhandled in the box when it was 1-1. The two Swiss defenders took him down like it was a ****ing street fight. Disgraceful.
Made the Kane incidents look like lovetaps.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you google the referee, the first line is "Felix Brych is a paid nazi German football referee who is based in Munich" (Wikipedia)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ridiculous that Shaqiri and Xhaka might get banned for their goal celebrations the other night. Hope this is just Fifa bumping their gums to make sure the players don't repeat it which they won't as they won't have such a grudge match again.

Uppercut

I never realised how many random British punters were secretly experts on Balkans politics and symbolism all this time.

vcs

Jesus is pretty average unless he's handed chances on a plate. Not really someone I'd expect to turn water into wine. :ph34r:

vcs

Don't really have an opinion about him, just wanted to make a terrible joke

Uppercut

Ha yeah. Jesus being great is just one of my more strongly-held opinions for some reason. I bang on about it like a Jehovah's Witness who keeps wandering into the footy threads.