• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - West Indies, England, Ireland

Woodster

International Captain
Rather than using the extra pace on the ball as an advantage, Ireland are struggling to come to terms with it so far.

shivfan

Banned
Safe hands by Ramdin behind the stumps....

That's why he's there!
:cool:
But yes, Windie, the batting is a problem, with no Gayle. I really think Hinds should get a chance....

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Safe hands by Ramdin behind the stumps....

That's why he's there!
:cool:
But yes, Windie, the batting is a problem, with no Gayle. I really think Hinds should get a chance....
And you think Fletcher wouldn't have taken that Mike? that was as easy as it gets!! :laugh: , but yes man without Gayle it's always gonna be a concern, we better get our act together though because England will kill us if we are this poor with the bat next time.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Honestly these games are gonna be 20/20 unpredictability on steriod because even tho Ireland is three down they only need one good partnership to save their sinking ship. So as a WI fan I am not excited at the moment.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Honestly these games are gonna be 20/20 unpredictability on steriod because even tho Ireland is three down they only need one good partnership to save their sinking ship. So as a WI fan I am not excited at the moment.
Yeah i'm not counting my chickens yet either!! :laugh: , but we're in a brilliant position man, they've lost key batsman already and two more wickets by the time they reach 50 should see us home.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I guess its time for ICC to call its time to have 16 Teams for the 2012 T20 World & change the format of the tournament (Groups > Quarter finals > Semi Finals > Final). The 2012 tournament should have 12 confirmed teams as finished from the current tournament. My example:

Group A:
India (1)
Sri Lanka (8)
Zimbabwe (9)
Qualifier 4 (16)

Group B:
South Africa (2)
West Indies (7)
Bangladesh (10)
Qualifier 3 (15)

Group C:
Australia (3)
Pakistan (6)
Afghanistan (11)
Qualifier 2 (14)

Group D:
England (4)
New Zealand (5)
Ireland (12)
Qualifier 1 (13)

Qualifying Tournament Format (Groups > Super 4 > Final):

Group A:
The Netherlands (1)
Canada (4)
UAE (5)
USA (8)

Group B:
Kenya (2)
Scotland (3)
Namibia (6)
Uganda (7)

Group C:
A1
B1
A2
B2

shivfan

Banned
And you think Fletcher wouldn't have taken that Mike? that was as easy as it gets!! :laugh: , but yes man without Gayle it's always gonna be a concern, we better get our act together though because England will kill us if we are this poor with the bat next time.
No, I'm not confident in Fletcher's glovework at all....
:dry:
But I do hope he improves, because I would like to see Fletcher take the gloves for 20/20s and ODIs, leaving Ramdin to focus on improving his test game.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah i'm not counting my chickens yet either!! :laugh: , but we're in a brilliant position man, they've lost key batsman already and two more wickets by the time they reach 50 should see us home.
I think you can count your chickens now. I would be shocked if Ireland win it from here.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
No, I'm not confident in Fletcher's glovework at all....
:dry:
But I do hope he improves, because I would like to see Fletcher take the gloves for 20/20s and ODIs, leaving Ramdin to focus on improving his test game.
Didn't Andre take catches and stump players with he kept wicket when we played Ireland in the warm up matches recently? :unsure: he's ok with the gloves imo, and he can still improve, Ramdin seems to have lost all confidence with the bat and i think it's time to give Fletcher an extended period with the gloves, not just one game here and there, lets give him three or four games to see what he can really do behind the stumps, i believe his batting will improve with more experience too.

Athlai

Not Terrible
They bat down to 9 tbh. Botha has five First Class hundreds.
Oh missed Botha, rate him as a better bat than Johnston and Mooney. Johnston cant hit the ball a bit but I don't think these conditions are going to be conditions he can do anything on. Would probably bring Botha in next.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh missed Botha, rate him as a better bat than Johnston and Mooney. Johnston cant hit the ball a bit but I don't think these conditions are going to be conditions he can do anything on. Would probably bring Botha in next.
Yeah it'll depend on the situation as to who comes out next. If a wicket falls soon it'll be Botha; Johnston and Mooney are more suited to the end of a T20 innings though so the 'plan' is generally for Botha to not bat at al.