• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - West Indies, England, Ireland

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dockrell's bowled really well. I know the pitch is slow but it's not just that which has made him effective - he's beaten the batsman in flight on numerous occasions. Gets Sarwan now too; game on.

Woodster

International Captain
Seems like WI are holding Pollard back, not sure I agree that. There's only 8 overs left, and now would give him the opportunity to have a quick look before unleashing some monstrous shots. Maybe they see him as a last 5 overs man, think he's better than that. No doubt he can do damage at the death, but fancy he could do more getting in earlier.

Woodster

International Captain
TBF to the kid he's just picked up Fletcher & Sarwan. :cool:

Darts 'em in; but that's no bad thing in the format.
It is no bad thing, but his two wickets have come when he's done them a bit in the air, taken a bit of pace off, been pretty impressive.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha, laughing at some of the bet365 fluctuations.

Botha bowled an over that went for 2 runs in which he didn't take a wicket and Ireland dropped from 6.00 to 3.80... and then when Deonarine got out Ireland went up in price. :laugh:

Woodster

International Captain
3 for Dockrell and WI really losing their way. Seemed content to just try to work it around last few overs, protect Pollard and hope he can resurrect the innings in the last 4 overs. Pressure on pollard with these tactics, all seems to revolve around him coming off in these overs.

Woodster

International Captain
Yes think WI's are favourites, but it does make for an interesting chase, and their tactics regarding how they go about the chase could be pivotal. Pace on the ball seems easier to score off, so will they target Roach and Rampaul early, during fielding restrictions, could be that the likes of Sammy, Pollard, Miller and Bravo's changes of pace, may prove more difficult to score from.

Sir Alex

Banned
For once glad to see matches uninterrupted by stupid time outs and plugs. That and spinners bowling a big chunk has resulted in innings' finishing way ahead of schedule.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Some of our batting was absolutely shocking, as far as i'm concerned Ramdin should never wear the great WI shirt again, talented keeper no doubt but he can't bat to save his life, i thought our other keeper Andre Fletcher did ok so he should take the gloves from now on instead wasting a spot on Ramdin, i think Deo gave his wicket away to get Pollard in but not for the first time Kiaran didn't live up to his potential, not happy with Shiv or Bravo either tbh, Sammy once again has been a hero and i think his knock might be the deciding factor,

We'll throw the kitchen sink at Ireland now so i guess we'll see how they handle it, if we get an early breakthrough then the crowd will get going and it won't be pretty for Ireland, it's been typical WI though, we never seem to start well these days, it happened in the tests against the Aussies, it also happened against Zimbabwe, Gibbo needs to sort that out asap.