• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C Discussion - Spain, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Croatia

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Italy & Croatia win, Spain are out. Spain only need a draw to qualify though iirc.
Yep. A 1-1 draw brings in goal difference and would mean Italy would need to improve their scoreline against Ireland (3-1 would do because they're higher ranked than Croatia).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yep. A 1-1 draw brings in goal difference and would mean Italy would need to improve their scoreline against Ireland (3-1 would do because they're higher ranked than Croatia).
Ranking is such a **** criterion, better than lots I suppose

Scaly piscine

Grrrr. Great free kick situation and Croatia hit the first man.

Oh ffs. HEAD IT DOWN. Spain are the jammiest team in the history of sport.

Johnners

So strange taking off Torres for Navas, would have thought he's one player you'd like to have a proper forward/striker out there with.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Croatia not committing enough men on the counter attack. Must have faith that Ireland will equalise. :unsure:

Scaly piscine

Spain surprisingly sloppy. Croatia really should have taken advantage.
Teams pretty much always get one big chance against them.

What pisses me off so much is the bull**** comparisons with Barcelona. They actually try and score when they're controlling the game - they score plenty against all teams and even when they don't they'll create plenty of chances.

Spain try and win the possession stat, walk the ball in the net second and a distant third is trying to win the game.

And yes surprised Croatia aren't committing more men, a 1-1 draw would put them through too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ah Spain didnt look much cop today. I'm not much of a Croatia fan but I was rooting for them today.

Winning the group tomorrow would see us face Italy, second gives us Spain. Not sure which is prefer ATM tbh.

Scaly piscine

Oh and just for the record Croatia and another incredible chance from a corner when the defender wrestled the guy away from the ball as he was set to head the ball into an empty net from 3-4 yards out.

Scaly piscine

Oh and just for the record Croatia and another incredible chance from a corner when the defender wrestled the guy away from the ball as he was set to head the ball into an empty net from 3-4 yards out.
Apologies it was a 'judo throw' and was more like 2 yards out.

Pothas

Found it amusing that Spain actually did walk the ball into the net. I'm a bigger defender of them than most but they were not good for large parts of the game, still tipping them to win it though.

Anyway Luca Modric is just so bloody good.

Johnners

Found it amusing that Spain actually did walk the ball into the net. I'm a bigger defender of them than most but they were not good for large parts of the game, still tipping them to win it though.

Anyway Luca Modric is just so bloody good.
Yeah I had a chuckle at this

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
not sure. If Spain played like they did last night I would be confident we could take advantage.

Italy are just an enigma to me at this point. Haven't looked amazing but at the same time haven't really looked like losing at any point.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I think Italy are better than Spain, at least in this tournament. I think the way Hodgson sets up the team it might be more tactically suited against Spain than Italy.