• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - Australia, Sri Lanka, West Indies

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Symonds gone is a colossal blow to Australia's hopes, their middle order isn't great at T20 and it's just gotten a lot worse, very difficult to replace him, Brad Hodge probably the best option but don't think he'll be called up at this stage. David Hussey will probably get the nod to fill Symonds' role.

Redbacks

International Captain
Well the tournament is in the media now. Plus we have a convenient scapegoat if we lose now. Win-win

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Whoever gets called up to replace Symonds, they won't be playing Saturday. There's just not enough time.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Whoever gets called up to replace Symonds, they won't be playing Saturday. There's just not enough time.
Yea, they are likely to go for SAT:

Watson
Warner
Ponting
D Hussey
Clarke
M Hussey
Haddin
Hopes
Lee
Johnson
Siddle/Bracken.

Hopefully as others have already rightfully said, Hodge gets picked. SURELYYYYY.

Such a sad end to his Int'l career though, damn yo...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah well. Dave Hussey's a good T20 player- not as good as Symonds, but then noone is.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Symonds gone is a colossal blow to Australia's hopes, their middle order isn't great at T20 and it's just gotten a lot worse, very difficult to replace him, Brad Hodge probably the best option but don't think he'll be called up at this stage. David Hussey will probably get the nod to fill Symonds' role.
Dussey and Symonds - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

We're gone

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Cameron White's been called up. A logical selection, as it was he that Symonds replaced when he was returned this last time. A good fielder and good T20 batsman.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Damn man, is what these selectors have againts Hodge geez. They gave him a contract because they have money to waste??.

Look revamp that entire selection panel FFS...

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
White is one of the best t 20 bats in the wolrd, amazingly didnt get a game for Bangalore which was one of the worst mistakes in the IPL.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Given the recent selection policies, I was suprised they didn't call up Ferguson.

White is hardly a poor selection. Provides a lower order hitting option, proven domestic record, brilliant fielder. But agree, Hodge was the one player who deserved the spot more.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh, I'm so excited. :D In 24h time I should be there, watching away. I've been looking forward to this since I bought the tickets a whole year ago!

shivfan

Banned
Oh, I'm so excited. :D In 24h time I should be there, watching away. I've been looking forward to this since I bought the tickets a whole year ago!
I was going to buy a ticket, but I delayed, when I saw what the weather was predicted to be....

Now, with the rain and the cold temperature, I'm kinda glad I didn't waste my money on this....
:unsure:
One match is almost completely washed out.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why are Oz so heavily favourites for this one? Didn't the Windies win comofrtably the last time they played a T20. Seriously worth a flutter on them.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Smith and friends have said this for a while - White hasn't been a hitter for a while. Is a top fielder for sure, but he hasn't gone the slog since he made the leadership group. Hopefully that changes. :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just said in the other thread that I expect Aus to waltz this, that was basically on account of the Windies apathy in their tour over here so far. But of course, you Aussies seem quite pessimistic about your squad selection, maybe it'll be interesting.

Tough group.