• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 Second Round - Sri Lanka, England, South Africa, New Zealand, Netherlands

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Over the last year or so Steyn has extended his magnificence a great deal to the LO formats as well. Was always good at t20 but for some reason hadn't been great in ODIs . Last 12 months he's been ridiculous in all 3 formats

Spark

Global Moderator
Over the last year or so Steyn has extended his magnificence a great deal to the LO formats as well. Was always good at t20 but for some reason hadn't been great in ODIs . Last 12 months he's been ridiculous in all 3 formats
He didn't really play ODIs often until a few years ago IIRC

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Steyn and Tahir.

Gee that was poor from Ronchi and NcCullum at the end there. All they had to do was get Taylor on strike.

OverratedSanity

Last two balls were slow sides really. That's what happens when the batsmen look to smash everything and aren't thinking straight. Brilliant from Steyn or lucky they didn't leave? Take your pick

Burgey

Those mad **** eyes. So good.

Terrific game, well played both sides (tttt I just woke up on the lounge in time to see the last ball, but still).

Heboric

International Debutant
Well done Steyn

Morkel owes him drinks for life.

I wonder if they should drop Morkel for the next game - although who will replace him

Burgey

Duminy will no doubt hand his MOTM award to Steyn.

By that I mean, if he doesn't Steyn will kill him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How good was Steyn's face when Morkel was gifting away boundaries? Was a "**** you Morne ffs, give me something to defend"

GGG

State Captain
Brainless batting from Ronchi and N Mcullum, they just needed to feed the strike to Taylor. I thought the 15th over was where we started to lose our way, 6 singles when we knew Steyn had 2 left, should of targeted that over. Neesham has to come in for Munro or Southee. Also giving Williamson an over was a brain fart by McCullum.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
N McCullum was woeful. First the two dots trying to smash it, but then after he actually managed to get the boundary away surely he realises that he just needed to get a single and Ross on strike. Would have at the very least ensured a tie.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
The Proteas will hopefully wake up and shake up our batting order, Amlas slow batting during the powerplay hurt us and Duminy played an unbelievable innings to give us a score to bowl at, also morkel needs to be dropped now, he has been a player of promise for 5 years now, he is not breaking through.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Matthews, you dumb blonde, you remove Kulasekara from the attack when he has bowled 2 maidens in a row:huh: You just need him to bowl 1 over towards the end of the innings. With this kind of start, they anyways don't need to think too much about the last few overs. A wicket here will make it even more difficult for the Dutch.