• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 Second Round - Sri Lanka, England, South Africa, New Zealand, Netherlands

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Yeah, it didn't help having Taylor stuck up the other end for the whole last over. All Ronchi/NcCullum had to do was give him the ****ing strike.

I was even yelling for them to run the bye off the 3rd delivery.

NcCullum is so hit and miss, literally.

Last edited:

Lapleta

Cricket Spectator
Could someone tell me where I can find Stuart Broad's bowling analysis for (say) his last 10 overs in competitive T20? He seems to be the opposition's secret weapon at the moment - all very well complaining about the umpiring decisions; NZ were 6 behind on DL before he stepped up to bowl - 6 balls later they were 9 ahead! He even makes Jade Dernbach look economical. I would love to know just how many runs he has conceded recently - because he was carted all over the park in the West Indies as well.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Could someone tell me where I can find Stuart Broad's bowling analysis for (say) his last 10 overs in competitive T20? He seems to be the opposition's secret weapon at the moment - all very well complaining about the umpiring decisions; NZ were 6 behind on DL before he stepped up to bowl - 6 balls later they were 9 ahead! He even makes Jade Dernbach look economical. I would love to know just how many runs he has conceded recently - because he was carted all over the park in the West Indies as well.
Statsguru.

Knock yourself out. (10-0-101-3 over the last four matches)

GGG

State Captain
Why would anyone want to retain Munro? If I had a say in the matter he wouldn't have even been in the squad, take his 70 something not out v Bangladesh and he averages about 10 and that would be about right. Neesham has to come in.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain

I mean he is fighting injury at the moment and bowling irregularly because of it. Wouldn't be surprised if he is out of the game for a while after this world cup either resting or with an op on his knee.

Not ideal for England that he isn't at peak fitness but he is gutsing it out because it's a WC and he's captain- and the alternatives for his place in the team aren't exactly good.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Why would anyone want to retain Munro? If I had a say in the matter he wouldn't have even been in the squad, take his 70 something not out v Bangladesh and he averages about 10 and that would be about right. Neesham has to come in.
Yeah, I agree.

But I'm a tad biased.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
nah Munro deserves to be there.

it's Neesham vs Southee or Anderson, IMO. I'd keep the same team.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Why no Samit Patel in the England team??

England have become so poor at team selection, in all formats.

GGG

State Captain
nah Munro deserves to be there.

it's Neesham vs Southee or Anderson, IMO. I'd keep the same team.
Deserves to be there on what basis? Southee has been bowling pies so we need a 6th bowler plus a batsman who doesn't try to be cute against quality bowlers.

BeeGee

International Captain
Deserves to be there on what basis? Southee has been bowling pies so we need a 6th bowler plus a batsman who doesn't try to be cute against quality bowlers.
If Southee's bowling pies then replace Southee. You don't bring another bowler into the side at the expense of your number 5 batsman.

GGG

State Captain
Neesham is an alrounder who averages about 10 more than Munro with the bat domestically.

BeeGee

International Captain
Neesham is an alrounder who averages about 10 more than Munro with the bat domestically.
If you genuinely believe that Neesham is a better batsman than Munro, then fine, call for his replacement. But you don't replace a batsman with an all-rounder because you want bowling coverage for a poorly performing Southee. If Southee is a problem, replace Southee.

Personally, I wouldn't make any changes.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Munro does actually have the ability to come out in the middle order and provide impetus. He also has a very well-trained unorthodox shot.

We need those players in the middle order and I don't think Neesham provides that, yet.

GGG

State Captain
If you genuinely believe that Neesham is a better batsman than Munro, then fine, call for his replacement. But you don't replace a batsman with an all-rounder because you want bowling coverage for a poorly performing Southee. If Southee is a problem, replace Southee.

Personally, I wouldn't make any changes.
We don't have a replacement seam bowler apart from Boult and they won't risk him in a do or die match. I also like the idea of Anderson batting at 5 in this format.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Looks good on the scorecard and South Africa will take it but Amla still doesn't look in good touch. Hardly middled any of those boundaries.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa went too early. Looks like they wanted 200 without fail but the wicket seems pretty two paced.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa need to bat well to get 150 here. Really screwed this up. Tailender Miller in.