• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Glasgow Rangers Scots div3 liquidation thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Saw on the Beeb's website that Naismith & Whittaker are unhappy having their contracts transfered over to the new company.

Have a point, tbh. Surely once a company's been liquidated all bets are off?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saw on the Beeb's website that Naismith & Whittaker are unhappy having their contracts transfered over to the new company.

Have a point, tbh. Surely once a company's been liquidated all bets are off?
I'm assuming that the player's registrations are part of the asset base that the new lot have bought - but then the players haven't been paid, so they can't have it both ways - I would think that UEFA rules probably dictate what becomes of the registrations in these circumstances, but I can't work it out - perhaps Mr Z, being an employment bod knows, but then I don't think he comes in here

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Basic TUPE laws apply. The players have every right to refuse to transfer their employment across to the new company.

cpr

International Coach
Not an expert in any means, but the TUPE could be a push, as its hard to show they are being transferred to the same position at the new company, when the new company is operating in a different market - ie the player is no longer a footballer in a top flight/european competiting team, but a player in a Div 4 team. Theres a vast difference in those roles.

Also, could argue under normal contract law (if Rangers are trying to argue normal contract laws apply, hence the TUPE) that the breakdown in trust the employee has in the employer due to foul business practise and thus jeapodises the employees earnings potential is enough to nullify the contract anyway.

social

Basic TUPE laws apply. The players have every right to refuse to transfer their employment across to the new company.
Yeah, my understanding is that the employee (the player) has to be consulted about the transfer and has the right to refuse

Furthermore, if their position is compromised in any way by the transfer (e.g. newco being denied entry into SPL) then that is another reason to void transfer

Will probably get very messy but players look to have strong case

Furball

Evil Scotsman
No SPL football for us due to 'sporting integrity' yet the cowards who run our game are trying to bully the SFL into breaking their rules.

Scottish football is ****ed.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Good to see sporting integrity has been upheld by the SFL clubs.

Now we await what nonsense the SFA will concoct to put us back in the SPL next season. Shower of corrupt, incompetent, lying arseholes.

social

Scottish football is ****ed and will be for some time after this (wont be surprised if another team or 2 goes belly up with no tv rights money) but at least a line has been drawn in the sand

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think it's absolutely pathetic that the SFA and SPL tried to blackmail the SFL into letting us skip into the 1st Division in an attempt to salvage the SPL's finances.

social

I think it's absolutely pathetic that the SFA and SPL tried to blackmail the SFL into letting us skip into the 1st Division in an attempt to salvage the SPL's finances.
TBH, dont think that Green would've minded it either!

Now the decision has been made, I just hope that the SFA does the right thing and allows the transfer of players from Rangers newco