• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future Tour Program

Furball

Evil Scotsman
2 test series are so so ****. Becoming all too frequent.
Instead of pissing around with **** concepts like a World Test Championship, the ICC should be trying to arrest the decline of Test cricket by insisting that boards at least pretend they're taking it seriously.

Unomaas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
http://static.icc-cricket.com/ugc/d...31537FFA0F6672087216B23_1364799484710_618.pdf

Probably a thread for this somewhere but couldn't find it

Anyway, I was amazed to hear that there will be another Ashes series in England in 2015 making 15 tests between the countries in 2 years

Furthermore, England will be In Australia again next summer for an odi series

Talk about killing the goose

In more BS, SA still cant crack it for 5 test series against either Oz or England whilst NZ continue to be treated like ****

There is probably more rubbish involving other countries but haven't gone through them all
While me and every Saffa would loooooooveeeee a 5 test series against England and/or Aussies to kick the living snot out of them while we still have our number 1 ranking, test cricket is on the decline in SA. In fact, it doesn't make any considerable profit either through match attendance or broadcasting revenue. When the Indian tour was curtailed, CSA admitted that the reduced tour would hurt financially and that certain CSA initiatives such as training camps and high performance centers would need to be cancelled in order to balance the books. Sad actually :(

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
honestly, I find 3 test series' to be better bang for buck and much less of a risk. The last Ashes is a case in point. It's amazing that they got the crowds they did for the dead rubbers but that's more in Ashes context. I mean it's awesome if a series ends 3-2 or 2-2 with a draw or something but if it's one sided it kinda sucks.

And then there are the inevitable injuries over 5 test series. They're just too long and aren't likely to hold interest. 3 is good.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nah, a 5 Test series is the pinnacle. It challenges the players in a way that even a 3 Test series doesn't. See Michael Clarke vs Stuart Broad from Ashes I this year.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, a 5 Test series is the pinnacle. It challenges the players in a way that even a 3 Test series doesn't. See Michael Clarke vs Stuart Broad from Ashes I this year.
two 3 test series against different opposition would be just as physically and mentally challenging, but more interesting IMO.

That said I'm a neutral when it comes to Ashes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I mean if you don't support Australia or England (or India now that they are going to have a 5 test series vs. Eng) I can see (though I don't agree) how 5 test series can be too much. It would especially grate more if you supported SL or NZ and hence barely saw your team play test cricket in the first place.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yeah. If it's the number one ranked team facing the number two ranked team it could be interesting.

Honestly it's not that I don't like 5 test series - yeah, they're great. It's just that they take so much time out of the international calendar that could be spent facing different opposition.

3 tests in which Aussie proved their dominance could've been rapidly followed by 2 tests against SA. Or followed up with a trip to Sri Lanka to see how they go in the subcontinent in such good form. Or across the tasman.

England could've been playing a 3 test series in Bangladesh to see how crap they really are.

etc.

I realise it's obviously not flexible scheduling like that, but we're constantly speculating on who would beat whom in what conditions, often without ever seeing what would actually happen.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we're worried about how long these things take, let's just can Tests and play 5 T20s per tour over 3 weeks each. Then we can all move on

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I mean if you don't support Australia or England (or India now that they are going to have a 5 test series vs. Eng) I can see (though I don't agree) how 5 test series can be too much. It would especially grate more if you supported SL or NZ and hence barely saw your team play test cricket in the first place.
Sri Lanka playing 2 tests in England before India comes in and plays 5 makes me want to throw things

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah totally understand where you are coming from. Its hard though because SL are unfortunately just very **** at test cricket, but one of the reasons they are very **** because they never play test cricket.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah totally understand where you are coming from. Its hard though because SL are unfortunately just very **** at test cricket, but one of the reasons they are very **** because they never play test cricket.

SL have won tests away in SA and in UAE vs Pak. Would like to see England do that

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year

Indeed, but the main thing that really riles me up is that last time SL toured it would have been a nil all draw from three if they hadn't ****ed up so bad in the second dig at Cardiff, while on the other hand India lost 4 nil, however in saying that I would back India over SL in English conditions atm