• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future of Cricket, suggestion to the ICC

Do you agree?

• Yes with all of it.

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Yes with most of it.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Yes with some of it.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • No, I don't agree with any of the ideas.

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Give them time getting their standard up to a passable level, yes.

There's no minnow side that should be anywhere near Test status at the moment, and I personally can't see that changing for 10 years or so.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
shortpitched713 said:
Just goes to show that Netherlands is a pretty crap side really. Namibia would beat them any day.
Are we having a "who can post the most crap" competition in this thread or something?

Holland qualified for the World Cup. Namibia didn't. Go figure.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Games like this and this and this...
All those games are from 2000 to 2002 and now that ICC given more attention to the associates..they must have improved some what...with the intercontinental....HPP countries playing ODI's etc...

shortpitched713

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Are we having a "who can post the most crap" competition in this thread or something?

Holland qualified for the World Cup. Namibia didn't. Go figure.
Thought it was pretty clear sarcasm. Never mind, I didn't mean it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
LA ICE-E said:
All those games are from 2000 to 2002 and now that ICC given more attention to the associates..they must have improved some what...with the intercontinental....HPP countries playing ODI's etc...
They why the hell did your list include many games from pre-2000 then? Can't have it both ways...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Neil Pickup said:
They why the hell did your list include many games from pre-2000 then? Can't have it both ways...
lol you aint getting the point...1 point was that since some of the people said upsets dont happen in cricket there was prove that it does....now the other point was that netherlands and other associates have improved now more that they were being icc introducing world cricket league and having the HPP...etc

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
LA ICE-E said:
lol you aint getting the point...1 point was that since some of the people said upsets dont happen in cricket there was prove that it does.
Not really, seeing as some of the "upsets" didn't even involve the sides you claimed, and pretty much all of the recent "upsets" involved the 2 most recent promotions to the highest level...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
marc71178 said:
So says someone who used games as far back as 1965 to try and boost his argument...
did you not get what i said? the games i used back from 1965 was to show that upsets do happen in cricket...and if teams who lost to Lincolnshires etc beat a test team i think you can call that a upset...now here a whole different point i made saying that the games were from 2000 is that now the associates are surely better then they were in 2000 etc because they are playing more...get it? 2 different points being made.....

LA ICE-E

State Captain
marc71178 said:
Not really, seeing as some of the "upsets" didn't even involve the sides you claimed, and pretty much all of the recent "upsets" involved the 2 most recent promotions to the highest level...
24th February 2003: Kenya beat Sri Lanka is recent to me......17th June 2004: Ireland beat West Indies-had most/(or some how ever you look at it) of the players from the current team...19th October 2001: Kenya beat India....etc upsets did happen with most of the sides i claimed and no not all recent upsets were involved the 2 most recent promotions to the highest level...well it depends what you call recent....

LA ICE-E

State Captain
this has been taken from cricinfo http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/other/content/story/269854.html
The Chinese Cricket Association, headed by Zhang Xiaoning, hopes to have 15,000 cricketers by 2009. Numbers are forecast to rise to 60,000 by 2012 and 150,000 by 2020. So the chinese that never hard of cricket before will have quite enough players in 14 years and countries who already been playing for quite long wont be up to the standards in 10 years? that would mean that which ever country(thats been playing cricket for a while) doesn't, has a pretty crappy development program

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
LA ICE-E said:
lol you aint getting the point...1 point was that since some of the people said upsets dont happen in cricket there was prove that it does....now the other point was that netherlands and other associates have improved now more that they were being icc introducing world cricket league and having the HPP...etc
So the ICC has got it under control, yes?

shortpitched713

International Captain
The CCA is full of ****. Its going to be very hard for China to get up to international standard if there isn't any grassroots interest in the sport. Right now it would probably be the Hong Kong side(full of expats) plus a couple token players from other places.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
shortpitched713 said:
The CCA is full of ****. Its going to be very hard for China to get up to international standard if there isn't any grassroots interest in the sport. Right now it would probably be the Hong Kong side(full of expats) plus a couple token players from other places.
hong kong is a separate team