• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future of Cricket, suggestion to the ICC

Do you agree?

• Yes with all of it.

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Yes with most of it.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Yes with some of it.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • No, I don't agree with any of the ideas.

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

LA ICE-E

State Captain
SA said:
All those 14 people are kidding,thats what these peple at CW usually do when same is talking utter rubbish.It'll take u a good few weeks of posting to know all these things.
alright but no one has proved me wrong yet to the point where i cant fire back you were trying to but then you said watever... and gave it because i do have something going here and ill take on ny cricket untill im proven wrong completely...

Last edited:

andrew83

Cricket Spectator
All the suggestions are great except the 32 team tournament may be it should be 16 teams. Other than that great work.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
andrew83 said:
All the suggestions are great except the 32 team tournament may be it should be 16 teams. Other than that great work.
well i dont think that would be bad idea but it would even shorter and it would similar to the world cup both having 16 teams plus by 2009 these teams will have some experience playing in the intercontinal and playing A teams and icc training camps, etc...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
SA said:
All those 14 people are kidding,thats what these peple at CW usually do when same is talking utter rubbish.It'll take u a good few weeks of posting to know all these things.
hey its 22 people that vote to agree somewhat...so all of the 22 people are just kiddin? doesn't seem like it...prove me wrong...

zayn

Cricket Spectator
What's wrong with the Champions Trophy? It had some great games this year. Although a Twenty20 tournament would be exciting.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Lillian Thomson said:
Of course my thread wasn't as funny as the nonsense in this thread, but at least it was attempting to raise money for charity.:laugh:
Lillian Thomson is Mike Smash and I claim my 12" vinyl version of Bachman Turner Overdrive's You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
You can't throw a nine year old off the side of an ocean liner and expect that to teach him to swim.
Neil's right, you know. Didn't work for the passengers on the Titanic...

Too soon??? Oh come on, it's been almost 100 years.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I know most will know this, but just for those that may not.

The 20/20 World Cup is being held in South Africa in 2007, followed by another soon after in England.

Its not like a tournament hasnt already been thought of.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Goughy said:
I know most will know this, but just for those that may not.

The 20/20 World Cup is being held in South Africa in 2007, followed by another soon after in England.

Its not like a tournament hasnt already been thought of.
I know it's been thought of that's why it said from the second 20/20 tournament because it would get more countries involved you know...
any way goofy you are preety smart i need you thought on another idea but im still not sure of it so im not going to post it

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
LA ICE-E said:
any way goofy you are preety smart i need you thought on another idea but im still not sure of it so im not going to post it
Award winning post, brilliant :)

On the topic, 20/20 has a huge role to play in cricket develpment as part of the pyramid.

10 test teams, 16 or so ODI teams 20 or so 20/20 teams.

The problem, as already stated are mismatches. However Im all for a number of nations (Namibia, USA, UAE, Denmark etc) being given official International 20/20 status as long as they were not forced to play the top nations all of the time.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Goughy said:
Award winning post, brilliant :)

On the topic, 20/20 has a huge role to play in cricket develpment as part of the pyramid.

10 test teams, 16 or so ODI teams 20 or so 20/20 teams.

The problem, as already stated are mismatches. However Im all for a number of nations (Namibia, USA, UAE, Denmark etc) being given official International 20/20 status as long as they were not forced to play the top nations all of the time.
so you think twenty20 status should exist? but that so manny teams should be playing the championship? well it would a quick tournament no one would mind and they are going to play the top nations ones in 2 years...so is that all the time?they are just going to have 20/20 status and mostly the other associates like the associates have odi status and playing each other

Last edited:

Nishant

International 12th Man
LA ICE-E said:
so you think twenty20 status should exist? but that so manny teams should be playing the championship? well it would a quick tournament no one would mind and they are going to play the top nations ones in 2 years...so is that all the time?they are just going to have 20/20 status and mostly the other associates like the associates have odi status and playing each other

20/20 should definitely exist...its exciting...but it should not replace one day cricket!

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Nishant said:
20/20 should definitely exist...its exciting...but it should not replace one day cricket!
exactly my point it should replace ODI, at 1st i was against 20/20 but then i realised what it can do for cricket how fast cricket would excell with it. thats the main reason i wrote this.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
hey goughy and niel pick up and any one else interested i was browsing and found this article that talked about a test world cup since the other two forms has it...why doesnt test and well the idea just fitted in with my ideas...if you want to discuss it have a look but if you are just going to be a critic please dont just be negative,any great idea about how a test championship could be held without being too long...all critic are well come because im not sure of it and need to dicuss it and get the best out of it.

look at what i got out it...i got his idea and re arranged it a bit...
World Test Series

and here's his orginal article

http://talkcricket.dopanne.com/default,date,2006-08-02.aspx

Last edited:

buban

Cricket Spectator
LA ICE-E said:
hey goughy and niel pick up and any one else interested i was browsing and found this article that talked about a test world cup since the other two forms has it...why doesnt test and well the idea just fitted in with my ideas...if you want to discuss it have a look but if you are just going to be a critic please dont just be negative,any great idea about how a test championship could be held without being too long...all critic are well come because im not sure of it and need to dicuss it and get the best out of it.

look at what i got out it...i got his idea and re arranged it a bit...
World Test Series

and here's his orginal article

http://talkcricket.dopanne.com/default,date,2006-08-02.aspx

The second link does work but i think the 1st idea is better and if it's eight years apart that wouldn't put too much burden on the calender and I'm pretty sure would be only sporting even to be held every 8 years. What was the orignal article?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
buban said:
The second link does work but i think the 1st idea is better and if it's eight years apart that wouldn't put too much burden on the calender and I'm pretty sure would be only sporting even to be held every 8 years. What was the orignal article?
sorry guys i fixed the url
ok my ideas about how to replan the cricketing years and etc and his idea to have a test he proved me wrong and if you read the whole thing instead of my idea of just crowning the best world test team from the ranking we could his your idea.
here check it out.

World Test Series

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
Firstly. A twenty20 tournament that huge would be impossible. Yes a knockout tournament would work best but not in those numbers. If we want it to be bigger than the world cup we make it 20 teams. 4 groups of five. Each team plays four games, top 2 in each group goes through to quarter finals. It would take 3 weeks - a month but cricket fans will love that.

Secondly. Ranking the champions of each section of cricket is stupid. Calling the T20 champion the World T20 champions is good. So is calling the WC winners the ODI World Champions; but just call the test champions the test champion. Calling them the Grand Champions and ranking the tournaments 1. 2. 3. Is both stupid and pointless.

Other than that, you're spot on in my view.