• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I tend to roll with most of mine on normal and then adapt the odd ones here and there.
Like tomorrow I'm playing on a green pitch so will attack with my best medium bowler and hope for some earlier wickets, my spinner is set to defensive for one of his spells as conditions aren't favourable and then I have my best bowler attacking at the death to try and, hopefully, skittle out the tail. :)

Not sure about others though. I just try to set my orders to reflect how I'd play in a real life situation in such conditions etc.

davidgdafter

Cricket Spectator
I tend to roll with most of mine on normal and then adapt the odd ones here and there.
Like tomorrow I'm playing on a green pitch so will attack with my best medium bowler and hope for some earlier wickets, my spinner is set to defensive for one of his spells as conditions aren't favourable and then I have my best bowler attacking at the death to try and, hopefully, skittle out the tail. :)

Not sure about others though. I just try to set my orders to reflect how I'd play in a real life situation in such conditions etc.
Makes perfect sense, and I should really have thought about doing this earlier. I will try changing things around a bit from next Tuesday and see how it goes.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Just reading through the commentary of my Youth match. We were cruising in our chase...

End of over 22 (2 runs) - Otago(127-1). 83 runs required from 18 overs. RR 5.77 RRR 4.61
P. Snijders 49 (69b) , P. Boeve 61 (52b) , R. Kelly 7-0-32-1

then we lost a few quick wickets

End of over 34 (2 runs) - Otago(183-8). 27 runs required from 6 overs. RR 5.38 RRR 4.50
A. Mouris 0 (1b) , E. Abel 13 (17b) , V. Kapini 5-0-22-4

just as we had looked to have recovered and maybe sneak home...

Stack to Abel : Stack released that delivery from well behind the bowling crease. Abel played his shot too early and middle peg is knocked back as a result. Unorthodox but effective.
E. Abel b. B. Stack 18 (23b 0x4 0x6) SR:78.26

End of over 37 (4 runs) - Otago(196-9). 14 runs required from 3 overs. RR 5.30 RRR 4.67
A. Zagema 2 (2b) , A. Mouris 5 (12b) , B. Stack 3-0-16-1

Next over: 3
Next over: 5

End of over 39 (5 runs) - Otago(204-9). 6 runs required from 1 overs. RR 5.23 RRR 6.00
A. Zagema 6 (10b) , A. Mouris 9 (16b) , B. Stack 4-0-21-1

39.1 3 Kapini to Mouris : Chip up and over mid-off. Mouris had a nice early call and will get three. Great running!
39.2 . Kapini to Zagema : Bowled him! The batsman's not happy here, and has erupted into a ferocious tantrum! Quite right, that wheelie bin is far too big for three year olds... On the main pitch, Zagema defends that one into the off side. No run.
39.3 1 Kapini to Zagema : Smashed to deep extra cover, where Mahmood picks up and rockets a throw over the top of the stumps. Great cricket.
39.4 . Kapini to Mouris : Huge appeal for lbw. Full in length, on the middle stump line and straightened a touch and Mouris went for a loose drive. The bat came outside the line and the ball hit the pad. Close. Very close. Did he get an inside edge? The replays don't confirm that.
39.5 2 Kapini to Mouris : In the air through the point region. 2 runs.
End of over 40 (6 runs) - Otago(210-9) RR 5.25
A. Mouris 14 (19b) , A. Zagema 7 (12b) , V. Kapini 7.5-0-36-4

Otago won by 1 wicket

So, so lucky.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
3 top matches to start the Twenty20 this season: Won by 3 runs in the first match, tied in the second and lost by a run in the last game. Am giving my 2nd XI players a run, and so far they're going alright.

davidgdafter

Cricket Spectator
Batted first today and struggled in overcast conditions on a green pitch. Hoping my Expert medium pacers can do a bit of damage.

Majin

International Debutant
My 21 year old Fastie captained the WI in a friendly against Pakistan today, was a second string XI for the WI so they got handled pretty badly but Lee took 6-42 which I am pretty stoked about. He is a hero. Pakistan rated 195k as well so that's some good stuff.

Majin

International Debutant
21 years old | 40,798 rating | $4,576 wage

Right hand batsman | Right arm Fast
Talents Slower Ball, Safe Hands
Nationality West IndiesThis player is a member of the national squad West Indies
Form capable
Fatigue revived
Experience reasonable
Captaincy accomplished

Skills
Batting ordinary Endurance capable
Bowling expert Technique expert
Keeping dreadful Power average
Fielding reasonable

He's not far off a bowling pop now, then he'll go another level of fielding and back on tech again. His bowling and tech levels are pretty close to each other as well so when he goes up in bowling tech's usually not too far off behind it

Majin

International Debutant
Had another friendly against much stronger opposition today as well, WI second string pulling 170k while the Aussies rated in at 201, in gash conditions (Hot+Hard), Lee took 3-55 and made 21 so I am happy with that. Questionable bowling orders as well with him bowling spells one and five, First spell had him finishing with 3-23 from his five overs, and Aus were down something like 50-5 at the end of their first 10, but he came back on before drinks while still tired and got smashed around some, and Aus ended up making 270 which is fairly dire. Still with the gap in skill levels between players for WI to lose it by 22 runs isn't so bad.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Will sign up again and give it a go if I can get on at school. I'm on the school laptop at home now and it is blocked, but at school I can use a tafe password and lots more sites (hotmail, meebo, youtube etc) are unblocked.

Here's hoping, keen to give it another go.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Available Funds (ignores ongoing transfers): $9,544

Probs gonna have to ****ing sell someone. one of my good ****s too to make sure we get a decent amount. ****ing **** finances in these games **** me no end.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Signed up, hoping to enjoy this now after having a short stint previously I'll know what I'm doing this time.

Just waiting on my team now.

sunilreddy

Banned
Youth pull

16 years old | 29,109 rating | $1,290 wage

Left hand batsman | Right arm Finger spin
Talents Skilled (Keeping)
Nationality India India
Form average
Fatigue revived
Experience poor
Captaincy ordinary