• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From the Pavilion

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, well, well. Looks like FTP has its very own scandal!

I'm hoping to pin my unexplainable losses, like this week having the other team in our Youth 1.1 game 49/5 and then not taking another wicket as they switched from struggling to smashing me everywhere in the blink of an eye after drinks, on insider interference. It has to have been rigged...surely!

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I finally worked out what the problem was with my Youth team losing matches it should have won - my bowling settings were simply far too advanced for the system. The brilliant combinations of 2,3,4 or 5 overs per bowler spells, depending on the pitch/part of the innings, simply broke the machine and resulted in things happening that never should have. Unfortunately, I only reset my orders with 2 matches to go - if I had done so with 3 remaining, I may well have won after setting the opposition 234 on a slow deck, but alas I forgot. Anyway, I set my bowling orders back to 4 overs per spell per bowler and had them all on neutral settings - essentially something my pet cat could have done by accidentally walking across the keyboard - and what do you know!? I smash the team coming 3rd at the start of round 2 by 61 runs in the 2nd last game, and then do the same to the team coming 3rd at the start of the last round (62 runs) to come 3rd myself after being 6th with 2 games to go. I was only out of first by one game and had the highest NRR in the league. The team that won was the one I had 49/5 and lost against. It doesn't hurt though...