• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From the Pavilion

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, well, well. Looks like FTP has its very own scandal!

I'm hoping to pin my unexplainable losses, like this week having the other team in our Youth 1.1 game 49/5 and then not taking another wicket as they switched from struggling to smashing me everywhere in the blink of an eye after drinks, on insider interference. It has to have been rigged...surely!

Son Of Coco

I finally worked out what the problem was with my Youth team losing matches it should have won - my bowling settings were simply far too advanced for the system. The brilliant combinations of 2,3,4 or 5 overs per bowler spells, depending on the pitch/part of the innings, simply broke the machine and resulted in things happening that never should have. Unfortunately, I only reset my orders with 2 matches to go - if I had done so with 3 remaining, I may well have won after setting the opposition 234 on a slow deck, but alas I forgot. Anyway, I set my bowling orders back to 4 overs per spell per bowler and had them all on neutral settings - essentially something my pet cat could have done by accidentally walking across the keyboard - and what do you know!? I smash the team coming 3rd at the start of round 2 by 61 runs in the 2nd last game, and then do the same to the team coming 3rd at the start of the last round (62 runs) to come 3rd myself after being 6th with 2 games to go. I was only out of first by one game and had the highest NRR in the league. The team that won was the one I had 49/5 and lost against. It doesn't hurt though...

Son Of Coco

Got up this season in Youth 1.1. Now have the luxury of having 2 games in which I can do whatever I want and blood some younger players.

Not sure how next season will go. My youth pulls have been ****ing atrocious for a season an a half. Not one good one in amongst the lot of them. Makes me wonder what the advantage is of running an academy at a reasonably high level when every youth you get rates below 20k.

When this is added to the insane prices in the transfer market, it makes me wonder where you are supposed to get your players from. It used to be that you could pick up a few mid-range players for between 10 and 80k at 16 to fill out your roster. This season I have seen very average players going for hundreds of thousands...which is essentially my budget for the whole season.

Given your good yourh pulls still take 3+ seasons to be ready, getting none for an extended period of time puts a lot of pressure on. At some point early next season I need a keeper and an all-rounder if I am going to compete, and I may just scrape together enough cash for one or the other.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Looks like I'm going to scrape into 6th place to stay in nz od 2.2. been a very up and down season, including beating some of the top sides who had 30k+ ratings on me, but then losing to teams 20k below me. Going to get walloped in my current game, but I'll remain 1 win above 7th place, who was 6th for most of the season until I beat them last week.

NZTailender

Amazed how good a season my team has had tbh. Wasn't expecting it! I did try and look at the "Rivalries" section in the stats centre to see how we've gone over the years but the page is down.
That's a members only feature right? I'm too stingy to shell out for FTP membership ha. Imagine you've won the vast majority of matches.

Enjoy division 1 next season! Have you been in Div 1 before?

HeathDavisSpeed

That's a members only feature right? I'm too stingy to shell out for FTP membership ha. Imagine you've won the vast majority of matches.

Enjoy division 1 next season! Have you been in Div 1 before?
I've been in Div 1 before, but not since 2020. Today's match was my 9th highest rated ever for my main.

My affiliate on the other hand has been finishing 6th in Div 1 in Canada for ages.

NZTailender

Don't think I've ever cracked division 1. I really thought my team at the start of this season was a shout for finishing top 3 as I bought some players towards the end of last season's but we've been absolutely abysmal this season. Also kicking myself for not doing better orders to potentially promote in the T20 league. And frustratingly, looks like I will promote to youth league 2 right as 4 key players for my yoof side will graduate to senior side. Ah well, I've never been good at this game.

HeathDavisSpeed

Just checked - affiliate has been in div 1 since season 43. Finished 2nd in S43 and S44 but has finished between 4th and 6th every season since. Currently sitting 4th, but equal on points with 1st, 2nd and 3rd and only 8 points above the relegation zone.

I honestly don't know how they've stayed there. I've had to basically check out for most of a whole season before and currently the lowest rated team in the league.

Sometimes it's just a bit of luck. My main struggled to get promoted to div 2 last season, but hasn't lost a game this season. Don't understand it. ?

Son Of Coco

My youth team is in the 'grand final' next week in 1st Division, with the winner taking out the title. We've won by 1 wicket and then 17 runs in the past 2 weeks to keep us in with a shout, and we will be aided by our opponents losing one of their highest rated bats after this week due to them turning 21. They have been solid all season, and it is at their home ground, so it is likely we will lose, but we're in with a shout. If we lose, we drop to third on NRR, so we don't even get the runners-up trophy.

Son Of Coco

Congrats Heef onto promotion into div 1. My yoof team is going into division 2 for the first time ever I think. How did your season go @Son Of Coco ?
We lost our Youth match, going down by 3 wickets. We batted first on a slow deck, which I usually don't do, but I doubt doing the opposite would have changed anything. We got in the money spots for all leagues we are in though, which is nice, and came first in the Senior Twenty20 (albeit with a team made up of youth players - I sell my seniors when their wage hits the 10k mark usually).

Affiliate team came 1st in Youths 4.something and 2nd or 3rd in all the others.

NZTailender

Myself and Dwyer both signed back up to ftp recently. I never really vibed with it as much as BT but will see how it goes this time around.
Good for lazy ****s like me. Battrick was alright but I felt like you really needed to be on to it a lot more and never really enjoyed it that much. TO be successful at FTP it's the same but if you're happy to languish in 3rd division like me then it's aight