• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum very slow recently

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thursday afternoon will always be a bit up and down because it's when the full server backup takes place. It starts at 1pm EST and finishes approximately 4-5pm EST

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Slow very slow, as we speak. It has been all day.

James, out of curiosity, What kind of server you have got, If you don't mind me asking.

James

Cricket Web Owner
James, out of curiosity, What kind of server you have got, If you don't mind me asking.
Processor Information
Processor #1 Vendor: GenuineIntel
Processor #1 Name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
Processor #1 speed: 2394.000 MHz
Processor #1 cache size: 4096 KB

Processor #2 Vendor: GenuineIntel
Processor #2 Name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
Processor #2 speed: 2394.000 MHz
Processor #2 cache size: 4096 KB

Memory Information
Memory: 4036880k/4980736k available (2148k kernel code, 0k reserved, 1349k data, 208k init)

Physical Disks
SCSI device sda: 512-byte hdwr sectors (74356 MB)
SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back
SCSI device sda: 512-byte hdwr sectors (74356 MB)
SCSI device sda: drive cache: write back
SCSI device sdb: 512-byte hdwr sectors (74356 MB)
SCSI device sdb: drive cache: write back
SCSI device sdb: 512-byte hdwr sectors (74356 MB)
SCSI device sdb: drive cache: write back

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Been pretty average for periods of today - either leaves the page half-loaded or takes a long time to fully load. I'm at work, but haven't had any problems with other sites.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Been pretty average for periods of today - either leaves the page half-loaded or takes a long time to fully load. I'm at work, but haven't had any problems with other sites.
Backup runs from 2pm to 2:15pm NZ time so it would have been slow around then.

Apart from that I'm not seeing any problems actually. Can you post back as soon as you start having issue please?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Seems to have improved for the time being, although I hadn't visited the forum for about 40 minutes.