• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
If you’re talking about Verstappen’s dominance then there’s been lots of comparisons done with previous eras

Fact is that F1 racing has generally been a rubbish spectacle for years

I’ve been to a few races around the world (Melbourne, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain & Silverstone) and with the exception of the British GP, most people don’t care about the race and are there for the overall experience

Reality is that you don’t see much at the track and it’s just a noisy backdrop for a party
I don't think we realised how good we had it in the 2005-12 period when, in most seasons we had proper battles for the title between drivers in different teams.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Forgot this was on. Indycar tomorrow morning though! Captain America on pole, and the kiwis and Aussies all in a row. I'm surprised at the qualy results. Andretti renaissance?
Eee yes I am also excited for this one. Insane how well both Dixon and Power have held up, just like Alonso.

Palou the huge surprise really after last year - maybe Ganassi will come forward during the race. Andretti definitely looking on the rise, Herta at his best is a rocket, I’d love to see that this year.

Excited Armstrong gets a full season run too.

Also Rosenqvist beating the McLarens would be awesome

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Looking like Lawson should just replace Riccciardo already. Verstappen crazy good. Sainz going quicker without the appendix.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Well with Verstappen out it was a good chance maybe to see where the Red Bull was really at.

Very happy for Sainz, well deserved. Tsunoda quietly having a great race, well done to both Haas drivers too.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Didn't see the race but sounds like it was quite eventful. Max, Lewis Hamilton and George Russell all failing to finish.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who won? Watched it until the footy started. Wasn't bad overall. Couple of blokes even passed each other.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Very nice to see Sergio giving Max a challenge in quali. Ditto Ricciardo and Tsunoda.

Has LeClerc lost it a bit or is Sainz just peaking whilst uncontracted?

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
Very nice to see Sergio giving Max a challenge in quali. Ditto Ricciardo and Tsunoda.

Has LeClerc lost it a bit or is Sainz just peaking whilst uncontracted?
Think a combination. Leclerc is definitely a bit out of form but Sainz has definitely found something too which exaggerates it.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Really well driven first stint by LeClerc, just as I was giving up on him. Sainz extended that second set well though. Great stuff from Alonso as usual, just a smart smart boy, felt really bad for Piastri after that lock up. The gap from the top 9 to Yuki (congrats!) was crazy though. rip Stroll, tried the extra stop and couldn’t make those softs last and Hulk grabbed him.

Sargeant gonna Sargeant - under no pressure from Alpine and throws it away lol. gj keeping it out of the wall though - 2 chassis in one weekend for Williams would be awful lol. rip Zhou and rip Ricciardo and Alex.

Molehill

International Captain
hahahaha my god I absolutely love racing (or quali) in the wet. Shakes everything up. @kyear2 Max not on pole get a load of that.
I can't bring myself to watch any of it, but it does highlight how Max gets found out when things aren't set up ideally for him (which they are in most cases). Rain showcases the skills of the best drivers, I seem to remember Senna being an absolute master in the conditions.

No surprise to see Hamilton come to the party also.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't bring myself to watch any of it, but it does highlight how Max gets found out when things aren't set up ideally for him (which they are in most cases). Rain showcases the skills of the best drivers, I seem to remember Senna being an absolute master in the conditions.

No surprise to see Hamilton come to the party also.
Uh yes, definitely didn’t watch it… Verstappen set his fastest lap straight after a big off at the final corner.. definitely wouldn’t call it him being “found out” lol

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
What do you guys think about Lando's time being reinstated?
idk I didn’t watch the footage (if there was any?) so I can’t comment. Turns out it didn’t matter for him much anyway.

Great effort in the sprint from Hamilton - though he was lucky Alonso held up the others for as long as he did, seems like the Aston is really fast on the straights this weekend so that made him hard to pass - sort of like Albon in recent years - Perez was closing on him super quick at the end. Was a great battle for 3-6, unfortunate what happened to Alonso, was some good hard racing I thought.

What a difference a day makes though. Hamilton 18th and we’re back to a Red Bull front row. Also shout out Carlos for his performance after that crash. Hopefully we can see some good aggressive driving from Hamilton and hopefully Alonso can keep the McLarens and Ferraris behind.

Also yay Ricciardo. Great jobs from Hulk and Bottas too.