• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I do so hope if Perez is **** and hustled out (looking more and more likely) they get Danny Ric and Lawson respectively in there as soon as possible.. But then of course Ricciardo will have trouble adjusting to the Red Bull from the RB and will be worse than Perez.
Do they really want competition for Max though? And who wants to walk in knowing that they would be an automatic no. 2. But if the championship is close though, they do need a better second driver.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I think they should chase Carlos Sainz. He's fast, undervalued and intelligent. Sainz might fancy a crack at George Russell tho, since George Russell isn't champion material imo. I rate Sainz higher.

Being #2 as a young driver to an experienced driver hitting his prime is always a grim place to be. It's no surprise Albon especially faltered. Perez wasn't a bad pick but it was based on one race. The guy is incredible on his day, but he had some derpy **** at Force India too. I finally watched DTS over the summer and it reminded me how up and down he has always been. That's not ideal for a #2 to be.

Danny Ric is there because he's popular on Netflix, and I say this as a fan who thinks he is underrated and pushing it uphill because he's not from one of the right countries. He's still good enough to be competent in a lower team, but so are like 50 other drivers in the world.

Anyway, I hope Piastri topples Norris this season. He fired some warning shots last year. He might be the best talent I've seen emerge from Australia in my life, and ofc he almost ended up benched at Alpine forever. Australians have to be so much better than the standard to even make it to F1.
I love Oscar, his enthusiasm and his genuine pace. Think Lando lacks a killer instinct and honestly coming off a tad entitled? I don't know, may just be me.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
So do we feel that RB is sandbagging or has Merc found something?

Lewis seems happy with the car while Max has been doing his bitching act, especially in FP1.

Just hoping for a fight this season. Wouldn't mind a 3 team battle at all and hope the Ferrari has solved their deg issues.

Molehill

International Captain

Lewis seems happy with the car while Max has been doing his bitching act, especially in FP1.

Just hoping for a fight this season. Wouldn't mind a 3 team battle at all and hope the Ferrari has solved their deg issues.
Was driving back from the gym last night and there was a F1 programme on the radio. They were predicting LH to finish 2nd or 3rd in this race (one even thought he might surprise MV).

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think they should chase Carlos Sainz. He's fast, undervalued and intelligent. Sainz might fancy a crack at George Russell tho, since George Russell isn't champion material imo. I rate Sainz higher.
Sainz is the poster boy for Red Bull's atrocious driver management. Both he and Verstappen were so obviously the future of Red Bull when they broke through, Red Bull's pissing around with number 2 drivers since Ricciardo left has been farcical given they allowed Sainz to leave.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year

You can’t trust this. Max bitches about **** when he’s winning by half a minute.

Quali will likely tempt me into believing theres a close fight about to happen but I’ll wait til the actual race to pass judgement. Quali was relatively close all last year but the race pace difference was crazy.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
You can’t trust this. Max bitches about **** when he’s winning by half a minute.

Quali will likely tempt me into believing theres a close fight about to happen but I’ll wait til the actual race to pass judgement. Quali was relatively close all last year but the race pace difference was crazy.
Yes, yes he does. And it really doesn't mean anything

Quali may be close, but the Red Bills are showing much better long run pace. So yeah, 🤞🏽

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Shocker Verstappen on pole. .228 ahead of 2nd.

2nd-9th = .301

Hulkenberg again massive qualifying props but I have no faith in Haas’ race pace.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Well there was a couple of fun moments but atm Red Bull is in the same place and Ferrari seem to have a slight advantage on Merc/McLaren. Aston in a solid 5th place and then we have the midfield battle, followed by Alpine looking dreadful.

Haas actually did seem to do much better with the tyres so that was good. I love you Danny but I would’ve given that spot back to Yuki right at the end.

Sargeant is Sargeant. rip Bottas and Hulkenberg. Great job from Zhou. Hopefully a confidence booster for Perez? Really held on well with the softs for 20 laps, was still faster til like the last 3 laps.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
Well there was a couple of fun moments but atm Red Bull is in the same place and Ferrari seem to have a slight advantage on Merc/McLaren. Aston in a solid 5th place and then we have the midfield battle, followed by Alpine looking dreadful.

Haas actually did seem to do much better with the tyres so that was good. I love you Danny but I would’ve given that spot back to Yuki right at the end.

Sargeant is Sargeant. rip Bottas and Hulkenberg. Great job from Zhou. Hopefully a confidence booster for Perez? Really held on well with the softs for 20 laps, was still faster til like the last 3 laps.
Bahrain has been McLaren's worst track for a few years now, so if that continues, they might be a clear second. Other than that, agreed.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Bahrain has been McLaren's worst track for a few years now, so if that continues, they might be a clear second. Other than that, agreed.
Well yeah I think its a pretty clear 5 close groups (based on one gp ofc) Red Bull, 2-4, Aston, 6-9 and Alpine. Results between them will undoubtedly fluctuate race to race.