• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula 1

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Just wait for Singapore

I really do enjoy though how like, a large majority of F1 fans are always saying how boring it is now and the racing sucks, yet they still watch almost all the races.
I stopped watching mid way through 2022. This era of regulation has been an unmitigated disaster.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Well there was a couple of fun moments but atm Red Bull is in the same place and Ferrari seem to have a slight advantage on Merc/McLaren. Aston in a solid 5th place and then we have the midfield battle, followed by Alpine looking dreadful.

Haas actually did seem to do much better with the tyres so that was good. I love you Danny but I would’ve given that spot back to Yuki right at the end.

Sargeant is Sargeant. rip Bottas and Hulkenberg. Great job from Zhou. Hopefully a confidence booster for Perez? Really held on well with the softs for 20 laps, was still faster til like the last 3 laps.

This.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
As much of a disaster that the first race was, I still have some hope.
Ferrari has brake issues that severely hampered Charles. As much as George was struggling, Charles still took a while to get past the injured Merc.
Speaking of Merc, they had cooling issues and they hypothesize that they lost .70 per lap.

Fingers crossed

And that doesn't even touch in the Cluster**** that is the Red bull internal issues.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Verstappen won by about 30 seconds

There’s no hope unless he implodes as the other cars simply aren’t good enough

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
The latest in the Red Bull saga is they've now suspended Horner's accuser. She has 5 days to appeal.

Ali TT

International Debutant
The latest in the Red Bull saga is they've now suspended Horner's accuser. She has 5 days to appeal.
Not really been following this but reading up on it just now this appears to be all a bit odd. A sweeping under the carpet in full sight.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Ferrari has brake issues that severely hampered Charles. As much as George was struggling, Charles still took a while to get past the injured Merc.
Speaking of Merc, they had cooling issues and they hypothesize that they lost .70 per lap.

Fingers crossed

And that doesn't even touch in the Cluster**** that is the Red bull internal issues.
:laugh:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year

Fingers crossed

Could believe 0.7s over the race tbh.

Molehill

International Captain
Not really been following this but reading up on it just now this appears to be all a bit odd. A sweeping under the carpet in full sight.
I don't think F1 would do very well on a Diversity assessment. Should we be surprised that a load of white, middle aged men who like cars have stitched up the woman/victim in a harassment case?

It stinks to high heaven.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Oliver Bearman comes in for Carlos Sainz who has appendicitis.

At 18 years old he will be the youngest F1 British driver.

No doubt his car will be fitted with a black box. :D

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Oliver Bearman comes in for Carlos Sainz who has appendicitis.

At 18 years old he will be the youngest F1 British driver.

No doubt his car will be fitted with a black box. :D
Not an awful effort from him at all, 11th with basically no prep.

Verstappen is just on another level. Hamilton looked like ass. Tsunoda dominated Ricciardo. Alonso looks to be in a fight for the podium with Leclerc and Perez, Russell still had a bit more pace to show I think? He’ll challenge the McLaren’s but I doubt Hamilton will. Will be a disappointment (but classic Stroll) if he can’t at least beat Tsunoda.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Predictable stuff out front - lets see if Perez can actually maintain this form this year. Sad how Alonso’s pace just seemed to drop off during the race from that top tier - was probably lucky with the SC I doubt he would’ve held off Norris - did well to hold off George the whole post-SC stint. Great job by Bearman, not just the result but his relative pace to Alonso and Russell was impressive for a debutant.

Great to see Haas back in the points, I’m now prepared to actually believe they’ve solved that degradation problem, but the gap from the top 5 teams to the midfield is pretty big. Great job by K-Mag to make the suboptimal strategy work for Hulkenberg, despite his eh driving that led to his penalties. Alpine perhaps not as bad as we saw at Bahrain? At least looked able to compete with the others.

Albon had some good moves with a slightly comprised car likely? Would love to see him in a more competitive car.

rip Gasly and Stroll gonna Stroll. Sargeant looking better than last year pacewise but yeah still don’t see him outqualifying Albon ever bar him crashing in Q1.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It probably has been this bad before but it is bad. Really bad.
If you’re talking about Verstappen’s dominance then there’s been lots of comparisons done with previous eras

Fact is that F1 racing has generally been a rubbish spectacle for years

I’ve been to a few races around the world (Melbourne, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain & Silverstone) and with the exception of the British GP, most people don’t care about the race and are there for the overall experience

Reality is that you don’t see much at the track and it’s just a noisy backdrop for a party

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
If you’re talking about Verstappen’s dominance then there’s been lots of comparisons done with previous eras

Fact is that F1 racing has generally been a rubbish spectacle for years

I’ve been to a few races around the world (Melbourne, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain & Silverstone) and with the exception of the British GP, most people don’t care about the race and are there for the overall experience

Reality is that you don’t see much at the track and it’s just a noisy backdrop for a party
I always thought people were at Monaco for the racing

Flem274*

123/5
Forgot this was on. Indycar tomorrow morning though! Captain America on pole, and the kiwis and Aussies all in a row. I'm surprised at the qualy results. Andretti renaissance?