• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I also think the super over kinda favoured England in that they were just batting in the same conditions and had their eye in.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brilliant game. Delighted we won. Hard luck NZ a cruel way to lose a game that.

As for conspiracy theorists well you haters are gonna hate and I don't care.

Appetiser taken care of, bring on the main course.
Hey this is way more than that. This feels a lot better than any win since that away ashes and I don't think I have celebrated so much since 2005.

So hard on New Zealand, we know we had all the luck.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I also think the super over kinda favoured England in that they were just batting in the same conditions and had their eye in.
I guess that's why they batted first, which is a significant disadvantage in a super over sort of situation unless you put on 20+.

harsh.ag

For me, they are both the World Champions :)

One of the greatest games of cricket. Will post thoughts tomorrow.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Seems weird England players saying how they pulled it off when they didn’t actually win either the game or the super over

cnerd123

likes this
best game of cricket

i'm so happy we did CW Comms for this

Congrats England. My deepest commiserations to New Zealand. You literally can not get closer to winning a WC final and still not win it. It's ridiculous. Heartbreaking. I can't imagine what you all must be going through now.

But what a game. Imagine all the kids who were watching this around the world. Imagine a day where Cricket went up against several other sports in the schedule and outshone all of them. What an incredible moment. It was so back and forth. Could not believe what I was seeing. You think you've seen everything, and a game like this comes along. The batting, the bowling, the fielding, the swings in momentum, that missed catch by Boult, that ****ing richochet off the bat for 4. A ****ing superover, CricketWeb's very own Neesham putting in a superhuman allround effort - what a ****ing legend - and then it all ends up in another tie again.

If you were to write the script to an incredible cricket game, you wouldn't be able to write anything better. What a ****ing game.

Great World Cup.

social

lol at England winning the WC

They won nothing!

The WC was a draw and I have no idea what that last crap was all about

harsh.ag

Hearty congratulations to the England fans, the English nation, and the players and crew who have worked so hard for this for the last 4 years.

rythy

School Boy/Girl Captain
What a match. Seriously one of the most heart stopping and one of the greatest odi ever.

Sad to see NZ on the losing side as both team equally deserved it.

Happy for England as they have been the best ODI side of last few years and deserved WC too.