• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite Ashes Memory

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That was why Michael "Mick" Vaughan and Kevin "KP" Pietersen were such a breath of wonderful fresh-air.

Nicknames tend to be woefully obvious TBH, almost regardless of country. Fortunately I don't really have one at my club, one of the relatively few who's just known purely by name. Makes a change when I'm bowling with just "bowled Rich!"

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm universally known as "Dickie(\Dicky)" in college circles, but have always been Rich everywhere else.

"Dick" is a name not in vogue at all at the current time, more used for people who were born ~1930.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not cricket-related, but one of the great nicknames was Phil Sigsworth who played rugby league in the 80s:

"Howmuchisapacketa" was the name given him.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's called 'Favourite Ashes Memory' mate, not '******** Ashes Delusions'.
Pots and kettles my friend...pots and kettles :happy:

We've started well by winning the toss and batting first, and now we're 1/100-odd. I'd say my favourite moment is well on the way to being locked in!

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pots and kettles my friend...pots and kettles :happy:

We've started well by winning the toss and batting first, and now we're 1/100-odd. I'd say my favourite moment is well on the way to being locked in!
Me? I'm the epitome of pragmatism IMO

:laugh:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Not cricket-related, but one of the great nicknames was Phil Sigsworth who played rugby league in the 80s:

"Howmuchisapacketa" was the name given him.
:laugh:

That's pretty good.

My favourites are

"One Size" Fitz Hall
"All Hands" Zondeki