• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

fat batsmen

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Other than those mentioned, WG Grace, Colin Cowdrey, Tom Graveney.

Milburn was the fattest I have ever seen but like most fat top cricketers he cover drove beautifully and his graceful batting belied his bulk. Same for Cowdrey and Graveney.

Galactic_Soap

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
^^^:laugh::drunk:

Heres my list:

1) Ranatunga
2) Warne (Pre steroid use)
3) Robert Key
4) Inzi
5) Mark "Tubby" Taylor

Cheers
Soapy

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
zinzan12 said:
Apologies for the above....Thought my internet was timing out, but obviously not :(
You can click on edit and then delete all additional posts.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Galactic_Soap said:
^^^:laugh::drunk:

Heres my list:

1) Ranatunga
2) Warne (Pre steroid use)
3) Robert Key
4) Inzi
5) Mark "Tubby" Taylor

Cheers
Soapy
Oh so it's steroids now is it? That is ridiculously inaccurate and libelous.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
^I agree. Im sick of peoples side comments about Warne. Get over it.

As for Hayden, I read that he's freakishly fit.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Additions to the list ;-

Eddo Brandes was a bit fat.
It was funny to see S.R.Waugh had a bit of a paunch in his last test.
The Kenyan keeper in the 96 world cup (rajab Ali was it?)

Farokh Engineer was not fat earlier but my got has he inflated post retirement.

My favourite of all time is W.W.Armstrong. The Bradman of the fatties.

C_C

International Captain
Oh so it's steroids now is it? That is ridiculously inaccurate and libelous.
thats neither ridiculous nor libelous.
Athletes caught with masking agents by the IAAF and world cycling federation are put down as caught taking illegal substances/doping.

You can confer with a lawyer if you want but if i proclaim through official channels that Warne took steroids, he cannot sue me successfully.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
C_C said:
thats neither ridiculous nor libelous.
Athletes caught with masking agents by the IAAF and world cycling federation are put down as caught taking illegal substances/doping.

You can confer with a lawyer if you want but if i proclaim through official channels that Warne took steroids, he cannot sue me successfully.
I dunno about the legality of the statement, but I always thought the "looking slim on telly" excuse was a crock. Just look at the circumstantial evidence: Warne has injury that will probably stop him taking part in his last WC; steroids promote quicker recovery; Warne makes quicker-than-average recovery in time for WC; Warne caught with diuretic in his urine; Warne literally takes the p1ss with his excuse!!

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
dinu23 said:
then what was the stuff his mother was giving him?
I fail to see how taking a diuretic automatically means he took steroids, unless all diuretics ARE steroids, in which case I will accept that I was wrong.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
C_C said:
Oh really?

Even though there is no legal proof?