• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

fat batsmen

Deja moo

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
Still won't hold up in court, which is the point.
That doesnt matter.

Jadejas ban was overturned by the court for lack of evidence. But you wont catch any Indian cricket fan claiming he was innocent after all. Similarly lack of direct evidence in this case doesnt give credence to Warnes claim for the majority of cicket fans.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Deja moo said:
That doesnt matter.

Jadejas ban was overturned by the court for lack of evidence. But you wont catch any Indian cricket fan claiming he was innocent after all. Similarly lack of direct evidence in this case doesnt give credence to Warnes claim for the majority of cicket fans.
It's called "The benefit of the doubt," or "Innocent until proven guilty."

I'm sure you'd like it if your integrity was being questioned, wouldn't you? But you can't have it all your own way.

Deja moo

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
It's called "The benefit of the doubt," or "Innocent until proven guilty."

I'm sure you'd like it if your integrity was being questioned, wouldn't you? But you can't have it all your own way.

Except that there is no way of proving the offender guilty in such situations. Masking agents are used to mask drug abuse. Now warne could have used diuretics to either look good or to mask steroid abuse. Considering the dramatic recovery his shoulder injury made in a short time, I'd think the latter is more likely. Thats my opinion. You may form your own.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Deja moo said:
Except that there is no way of proving the offender guilty in such situations. Masking agents are used to mask drug abuse. Now warne could have used diuretics to either look good or to mask steroid abuse. Considering the dramatic recovery his shoulder injury made in a short time, I'd think the latter is more likely. Thats my opinion. You may form your own.
Yes but you cant go and straight out call him a steroid user, such allegations in a court of law could land you in deep trouble (so my brother the lawyer tells me)... You can only deals with the things that have been reported and the things that have happened, not what could of happened or likely to of happened

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
benchmark00 said:
Yes but you cant go and straight out call him a steroid user, such allegations in a court of law could land you in deep trouble (so my brother the lawyer tells me)... You can only deals with the things that have been reported and the things that have happened, not what could of happened or likely to of happened
That might be true, but I think we're starting to head the way of forming opinions, which can be based on anything. So Moo is perfectly entitled to say what he wants in that case, as is BoyBrumby.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr Casson said:
That might be true, but I think we're starting to head the way of forming opinions, which can be based on anything. So Moo is perfectly entitled to say what he wants in that case, as is BoyBrumby.
yes but i was really referring to the first person who said about steroid use, deja moo's post was just convinient, lol

bryce

International Regular
Andy Moles, David Boon, Jack Richards(keeper), Ian Austin(allrounder) among others and IIRC David Shepherd was a batsman - not sure about his shape then though

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
bryce said:
David Shepherd was a batsman - not sure about his shape then though
There have been two David Shephards for England. One has played test cricket. The umpire only played FC cricket..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
bryce said:
yeah that's who i was talking about, what you don't think he's big lol :blink:
David Shephard the umpire is HUGE. Just clarifying because of the other Shephard who has the better credentials as a cricketer.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
David Shephard the umpire is HUGE. Just clarifying because of the other Shephard who has the better credentials as a cricketer.
He's not that big is he? What do you estimate his weight at? Peter Parker is morbidly obese though.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Casson said:
He's not that big is he? What do you estimate his weight at? Peter Parker is morbidly obese though.
Shephard is pretty fatty fat IMO. I would say Daryl Hair is also fat but no where as fat as Peter Parker.

twctopcat

International Regular
Tres is fatter than Key, fact!! It's just Key's chubby little schoolboy face that lands him in it, poor bloke!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Casson said:
A case of libel can only be successful if it involves a legitimate harm to the name of the plaintiff. A random anonymous person on a cricket chat forum would never constitute someone capable of causing legimate harm. A sports writer for The Australian might, since Shane Warne could claim that it harmed his reputation to have the claim that he took steroids printed in The Australian. So, no laws are being broken here, just some people running their mouths.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
There used to be an umpire from Delhi, Saroop Kishan. He was twice the sizr of Shephard, no kidding.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SJS said:
There used to be an umpire from Delhi, Saroop Kishan. He was twice the sizr of Shephard, no kidding.
Which era is this? I may try to get pictures from Sportsweek or Sportstar of the past. Sounds a whole some prospect.

twctopcat

International Regular
Buddhmaster said:
I was just about to mention Gough. Lookin quite big right now.
He'd be the last to admit to it though!! Love the way after one maybe two overs now when he goes back to fine leg he looks like hes gonna pass out as he gestures to the dressing room for drinks!!!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
twctopcat said:
He'd be the last to admit to it though!! Love the way after one maybe two overs now when he goes back to fine leg he looks like hes gonna pass out as he gestures to the dressing room for drinks!!!
He actually mentioned in an interview with Bhogle how he looks fat in tv but is so fit in real life and not fat at all.