• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fair Play for Responding

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
"There are no plans for any of the selectors to resign; but they will obviously take the lessons of the last Test on board when the meet to discuss selection for the third Test this week."
I see. I'd imagine most of us still got their gist despite the typo.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
OK i got a response! Please note that I don't agree with what I wrote, lol

Dear ECB,

I can’t understand the recent backlash of good ol Darrin Patterson.

He is a champion cricketer who I have admired greatly during my recent stints in Victorian Club Cricket.

He is an honest player and a fantastic chap, and I thought he bowled very well in his debut test and he showed his heart with the bat in the second innings.

I am very concerned with our English captain though, Michael Vaughan, should be dropped.

He has been very, very dire and I think the English selectors should be fired for picking Vaughan who is horribly out of form.

If the selectors follow my lead England can win this series, if not it’ll be a horrible series loss.

So please keep Pattinson over Broad if Sidebottom returns, and get 6 batsmen who can bat.

I can’t wait to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Rob.

=========================================

Hi Rob

Thanks for your email and your comments.

Nice to hear someone in support of Pattinson.

We can’t really comment on the selection overall, as that’s something for the selectors to address this week ahead of naming the squad for the third Test on Saturday.

Like you, we’re looking forward to a better performance at Edgbaston

With best wishes

ECB feedback

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm very impressed by the thoughtfulness of the ECB responding at all to emails on an individual basis. I've gained a lot of respect for the organization due to this thread.

Top_Cat

Very surprised! I wouldn't have responded to that email, even if it was my job. Would have written you off as a nutjob.

JBH001

International Regular
Hahaha! LOL!

Have to agree with Mr. M though regarding the ECB. Good stuff from them, although if the boat starts to spring a leak, it does make some sense to go down politely.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm tempted to write them an e-mail thanking them for selecting Pogo Patterson, once of the cast of Grange Hill and informing them that if they'd decided to play that test match from Garven Island, they may have found conditions more to their liking.

I wonder if that would still get a reply?

Burgey

This is fantastic news.

The fun I'll have with this come next year's Ashes series is endless.

Gold.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I'm very impressed by the thoughtfulness of the ECB responding at all to emails on an individual basis. I've gained a lot of respect for the organization due to this thread.
Agreed. The selectors may be failing in their duties but individual responses to emails like ours is a great effort.

From your post earlier in the thread, I assume you doubt WICB would do the same? or would they?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is what I was thinking of sending:

Dear the MCC,

Thank you very much for the cricketing entertainment on display in the recent England vs. South Africa test match. I am particularly enjoying the multiculturalism on display in the current England team!!!!!! It bodes well for the future as everyone in the Country can feel involved!!!! Also, kudos to the selectors for including a character from Grange Hill, Pogo Patterson, in the current England First XI. He turned out to be a pretty good bowler, didn't he!!

I am slightly curious as to the decision to allow England to bat first. I realise that Greg Smith one the toss up, but just because he can get greater range on his than Michael Vaughan, I'm not sure this is appropriate grounds to judge who should bat or bowl first. May I suggest in the future that the choice be awarded to the person with the best English accent (Note: This may make it difficult if Kevin Pietersen is ever selected as England Captain in the future) as I'm sure England would have one this test if they had batted first.

Also, given the MCC's propensity to play matches against various sides, I'd like to challenge the MCC to a game of 20:20 cricket to be held at Pukekura Park, New Plymouth next Summer (Southern Hemisphere) on 21st February 2009. I hope this meets with your approval. Also, could you put my mind at rest by answering the following question - cheese?

Kind regards,

Heathy D

PS> I Hope Malcolm Speed gets over his curious outbreak of Foot and Mouth soon. I'd hate to see him culled!!!!

-------------------------------------